Electric Socks

Getting some for my daughter. Any recs about ones to buy OR avoid. She is not an outsider, but gets cold feet at her job. The usual wool socks, etc don't help her enough. Thanks!

Last edited:
I've never tried heated socks but I do have a set of Windriver heated boots ( which also comes in a ladies version).. I just recently purchased them so my experience is very limited..
They have 3 heat settings and of course battery life will depend on what setting.
- Low (100F) 15 hrs.
- Medium (113F) 9 hrs.
- High (131F) 4.5 hrs.
(Per charge)

Last edited:
I just picked up a couple pairs of electric socks off amazon for stocking stuffers. one set for my wife as she always complains that her feet are cold in our house, and one set for me. 19hr battery life on low at 104-115 degrees.

I'll also be making a heated long sleeve T-shirt pretty quick too. I found a heater kit on ebay for like $12 that you simply sew into a shirt and plug in a usb power pack and it helps keep a guy warm. I may do a write up on it in case anyone else wants to try it. I know for a fact that the heater kit works as I've messed with it a bit, I just haven't sewn it into a shirt yet.

"I just picked up a couple pairs of electric socks off amazon for stocking stuffers. one set for my wife as she always complains that her feet are cold in our house, and one set for me. 19hr battery life on low at 104-115 degrees."

Which ones did you buy?

Finally got to mess around with my electric socks. I must say I like them so far. Haven't been out in the cold with them, but just messing around the house with them the seem to get plenty warm. Once I have them on inside my 400gram kenetreks I have no doubt they will be keeping my feet plenty warm on the low or medium setting. Pretty sure the high setting will have my feet sweating. The only complaint I have is that I wish the heating element was on the bottom of the foot instead of the top. Other than that, I'm fairly impressed with them. After I'm able to get out hunting in the cold with them on I'll report back.

Put my socks to the test yesterday. Spent about 5 hours out working on my "shed" on the land my wife and I bought last year. It was 20 degrees with about a 10-12 MPH wind and I was on the roof putting up roof steel(really stupid when theres wind blowing). I wore a pair of Merrell hiking boots that have zero insulation value. If I kept the socks on high it was too warm. My feet actually started to sweat. Overall I'm very pleased with these socks.

My brother and I are entering into a coyote/fur contest this weekend, so I'll have a great opportunity to test them in my 400gram kennetreks.

After reading this post awhile back, I ordered a set of Sky Fox heated socks. Last week I wore them 3 mornings in a row while hunting. They worked great!

Back