22 hagler

Brownie

I just ordered a 22 nosler barrel and some hagar brass for the conversion. Is there anything special to necking down the brass or is it a simple pass through the sizing die? (I known it suppose to be nosgar but it sounds stupid and I like 22 hagler better)

Refresh my memory what are the advantages to said Hagler round? I've got the brass but I've never tested it. Advantages besides the bigger case head for more reliable cycling and reducing swipes that is.

Last edited:
6.8 head size vs. 223. Rim is not rebated and there is less rim damage when the round is fired. The brass on many batches of Nosler is soft at times. You pretty well summed it up.

Greg

Originally Posted By: varminter .223Refresh my memory what are the advantages to said Hagler round? I've got the brass but I've never tested it. Advantages besides the bigger case head for more reliable cycling and reducing swipes that is.

How much brass do you have and are you intrested in selling it. My first go round with the nosler left me with unusable brass after 1 or 2 firings. Everything I've read says the hagar remedies this. Maybe nosler fixed their brass issues. But I had a 6.8 bolt laying around and the money for a barrel so this is what I went with.

I've got maybe 150 rounds but I dont think I want to part with any. I get quite a few firings out of 22 Nosler brass in both rifle plus 2 and rifle gas system rifles.
There is the occasional swipe but that never seem to make much difference on the next loading.

Last edited:
Back