BLOODY/WORKING KNIFE PICS 2019...

GC

Let's put our knives at work pictures here for this hunting season. And no, I don't have a bloody knife picture to share. It's archery season in the Ozark's and so far I haven't let the air out of anything yet. My son killed a nice 10 point a couple weeks ago but with a big rain storm blowing in we were in a hurry to get it deboned, quartered and packed out. How about y'all, got any knives going to work pictures?

My knives have done plenty of work and my hands are usually just as bloody, so it is rare to get my camera dirty too.

Ok cranky...
smile.gif
I usually stage a picture before or after the work.

GC,

If last season will work I'll start off. Heck, these maybe from 2yrs. ago.
unsure.gif
The years are all starting to run together anymore.
scared.gif

Here's some befores....................

Both knives were made by Brad Watkins. One is S30V steel and the other is D2.
Not trophy Deer, but good eating ones.
The rifle is a Kimber 84M, with a Lilja 243 barrel and an Accurate Innovations stock I built for it.

Haven't made it out for anything that needs field dressing yet this year. Hopefully I'll be able to share some pictures in November - I have a desert mule deer hunt and the two older kids will be out chasing cow elk again. Maybe in January or February we'll get to (have to?) dress out a couple stinky little javelinas.

K22, Nice blade, rifle and buck!

Troy, I always look forward to your hunting pictures!

I haven't had a lot of time in the woods yet. The closest I have been to letting the air out of something was a group of wild hogs last Saturday morning. They just didn't quite make it within range. My son has been covered up with bucks and has killed a decent 10 point so far. This weekend is Youth Season here. I'll be bowhunting with my blaze orange on. Weather is going to be crisp and sharp, below freezing in the mornings, bucks should be getting interested in some female companionship. Fingers crossed!
smile.gif

Last edited:
Thanks GC.
Thought I'd try and get your thread off the ground. We don't start until the week of Thanksgiving......uh, that would be gun season.

I got a Brad Watkins this year! Great guy from my dealings with him.
I’ll post when Gun season opens here in late November.
I also bought a Benchmade for the 12 year old granddaughter, so I’ll include it as well.

Originally Posted By: K22Would love to see photo's of your Watkins knife. I am quite fond of his knives.
So it took from the time you posted to now to figure out how to post a picture🤓
I put them in the custom knife section.

Originally Posted By: bmashOriginally Posted By: K22Would love to see photo's of your Watkins knife. I am quite fond of his knives.
So it took from the time you posted to now to figure out how to post a picture🤓
I put them in the custom knife section.

laugh.gif
That was funny.

Wow, really sweet looking knife. Do you know the specs. on it. Handle length ect. I really like the looks of that one.
Brad is an outstanding knife maker.

Thanks for posting yours.

As mentioned over in this post in the Big Game forum, I was fortunate enough to get another mule deer this year. I neglected to get real working pictures of the knife in action, but shortly after quarterling my buck into the cooler for safe keeping, I remembered, and snapped a quick shot after trimming up the heart. You may recall that this is a knife I had made last year from the antler of my first bull elk. It's becoming a great companion.

i-pg2HFSH-L.jpg

Cool pics !

I'm sorry GC, I've had lots of bloody knife action. Seems I'm always in hurry to get the job done, so no pics.
frown.gif
The only one I can offer is an Ingram with a recovered bullet from today. Some one will need to post it though.
blushing.gif

We killed 29 Elk this year and used The Alpha Wolf, and Elk Hunter from KOA to process about 75% of them. The knife below did 2 elk, one very large bull before I reworked the blade!

49390509192_c56090a727_k.jpg

Back