Round "two"

Snowshoes

The plan for this morning was to be a carbon copy of yesterdays hunt. Only difference today was, a fresh skiff of snow, much colder, wind direction was different, clear skies and calm. Other than that, it was all the same.
smile.gif

Following the previous route of travel, I notice a fair number of fresh coyote tracks which was encouraging. This time when I peaked around the end of the bales, I see a single tugging at the cow carcass.
Crosshairs placed on the coyotes chest, a 52 gr hollow point is sent on its way. (not a good coyote)

Not seeing any other coyotes, I head back to get the truck. I had another spot in mind and shortly after reaching my vehicle, I notice a coyote following the fence line to the south of me.
The truck was parked on the north side of some grain bins and fortunate for me, the coyote hadn’t noticed my presence. I grab the rifle, insert the clip and make my way to the east side of the nearest bin. I quickly set up as the coyote casually strolls eastward and with a couple vocal barks, it stops. Another 52 gr bullet is sent on its way and I have my second coyote for the morning. Ranged the shot at 143 yards.

I decide to stop at the farmers house which resulted in coffee and good conversation which took care of the rest of the morning. Never did go anywhere else.

Last edited:
You are living in coyotes everywhere land. HaHa WTG on a great morning hunt. It looks like the second one has shoulder mitts, or is just the picture? Still you had shooting, coffee. It just doesn't get better. Congrats.

Originally Posted By: YotarunnerGotta love it when they are at a known place and distance at a carcase. Almost feels to easy
Just the way I like it
smile.gif
Almost like going to the gun range, other than these targets have a tendency to run away.
Originally Posted By: mantorvilleyoteJealous with envy! Keep up the good work and clean shooting!

Thanks mantorvilleyote, I sometimes forget how lucky I am to live in an area with a healthy coyote population.

Back