Coyote light CL-1 IR?

1trkyhntr

Anybody using the Coyote Light CL-1 IR?
If so I have a couple of questions.
I have to replace my IR that is failing. I'm using a Sniper Hog 30LR with a dimmer switch. I've been through 2 switches in the past 2-3 years, I'm ready to move on. Other than the faulty switches I like the IR, especially the size with a 1 3/8" bezel. I'm using it in an offset mount on my gas block. I'm wondering if the 2 1/4" bezel on the CL will "ghost" through my Night Optics gen 3 scope if mounted offset from the gas block? I don't have any other mounting options on this rifle.
Also, any comments from guys who have used the Coyote Light CL-1 IR? Do you recommend it, likes, dislikes?

Never mind.
I called Coyote Light (GSM Outdoors) and the guy who answered told me that they don't have any information or technical specs about the light other than what is on their website. He could not answer any questions but he told me that If I would call back in January when they have them back in stock they might could give me more information (?). The guy was nice enough on the phone but apparently this company is completely clueless. That got me to thinking about what kind of response I might, or might not, get if I bought one and had a problem.
I was a big fan of the original red led Coyote Light that I had, but now that they have been bought out by a large corporation customer service and product knowledge isn't the same.
I hung up and called another company and bought a different brand.

I found the same thing with the original Coyote Red Light. They were very responsive with great CS, but I didn't know anything about their IR light. Sadly what you experienced happens when a good company gets bought out by the "pros".

1trkyhntr,
What IR light did you end up with? I have the Wicked 403IC and I'm not crazy about the adjust button on the back also. I would like to find a good light that isn't quite as big or heavy as the Wicked.

Thanks,
Greg

I'm also looking for an upgrade over the stock ATN IR illuminator. I bought a Streamlight TAC IR which was supposed to be better, but mine seems to be quite a bit dimmer. Maybe I ended up with a knockoff as I bought it on Amazon. Would love to know what lights folks are happy with.

The product is great, but the company that bought them and now sells/distributes/repairs them sucks! My CL-1 broke last year and it took several months after I sent it in for a simple repair (on/off switch) to get it back. I posted my experience here.

Originally Posted By: Gkreps1trkyhntr,
What IR light did you end up with? I have the Wicked 403IC and I'm not crazy about the adjust button on the back also. I would like to find a good light that isn't quite as big or heavy as the Wicked.

Thanks,
Greg
I Ordered a Sniper Hog 38LRX 850nm with the optional dimmer tail cap.
According to the specs it is quite a bit smaller than the Wicked 403IC.
I looked at SN, Wicked, EWT, Coyote Light, and TNVC. All things considered Sniper Hog was the best deal with the features that I wanted and the compact size.
It has not arrived yet so I can't offer a review.

You won't be disappointed with the SHL. I just purchased one with a red emitter. WOW is all I can say. That sumbitch reaches out there a long way. I purchased the dimmer tail cap to go with so I can drop the power as the coyotes come closer. I killed 1 the first night I got to use it and had one hang up about 400 yards out about 15 minutes after I killed the first one. I don't think it had anything to do with the light though.

I currently use mine as a handheld scanning light and run a thermal on my AR to shoot with.

Back