Turn key ar15

Slagiatt

Im toying with the idea of getting an ar in .223 for an all purpose lion / coyote / bobcat gun that would suit my style of predator calling. Basically i believe what would work for me would be a light weight ar, with a barrel on the shorter side, threaded for a suppressor, and id put a reflex sight on it. Are there any over the counter ars available that fit the bill for a reasonable price, or would i have to put one together myself? I really know nothing about ars, so if i could just buy one off the shelf that meets my requirements i would prefer that.

You can buy one as you describe for fairly cheap off the shelf. 16" barrels are very common. Any shorter or longer you start having to pay more. If it were me, I'd get a basic 16" AR for $500 or maybe cheaper and go from there. You can always change parts out or upgrade as needed. Just get a reputable brand.

I'm getting addicted to these Bear Creek arms uppers they're just so cheap and they don't shoot that bad. I think about everyone here knows I prefer the side charger and if it doesn't shoot oh well but a different Barrel on it.

Last edited:
Back