Tikka T3 vs bergara vs browning x-bolt.

They are all three great guns, determine what features are most important, pick the one that fits YOU, and be done! Wasn't that easy?
smile.gif

Decisions Decisions Decisions

I own all three rifle brands you are looking at. I own one of all three brands in 6.5 creedmoor. If I had to honestly pick for me it would be the Tikka T3X CTR stainless synthetic. Mine has shot 6-7 different factory loads all under .7. The Bergara shoots some loads well others not at all. Browning shot decent everything right at or just under 1moa. Its a tight choice honestly if CTR had a better stock I would chose it hands down but sadly we deal with tupperware (dont get me wrong the newer stock is better than it used to be btw). Personally I am eliminating that problem as I just ordered a MDT LSS chassis for my tikka on black friday :)

Already have the scope for it. Leupold VX3i 3.5-10x40. Couldn’t resist the sale price. Will use either DNZ one piece or Talley mounts, both are very light.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 1234abcdDecisions Decisions Decisions

I own all three rifle brands you are looking at. I own one of all three brands in 6.5 creedmoor. If I had to honestly pick for me it would be the Tikka T3X CTR stainless synthetic. Mine has shot 6-7 different factory loads all under .7. The Bergara shoots some loads well others not at all. Browning shot decent everything right at or just under 1moa. Its a tight choice honestly if CTR had a better stock I would chose it hands down but sadly we deal with tupperware (dont get me wrong the newer stock is better than it used to be btw). Personally I am eliminating that problem as I just ordered a MDT LSS chassis for my tikka on black friday :) Originally Posted By: 1234abcdDecisions Decisions Decisions

I own all three rifle brands you are looking at. I own one of all three brands in 6.5 creedmoor. If I had to honestly pick for me it would be the Tikka T3X CTR stainless synthetic. Mine has shot 6-7 different factory loads all under .7. The Bergara shoots some loads well others not at all. Browning shot decent everything right at or just under 1moa. Its a tight choice honestly if CTR had a better stock I would chose it hands down but sadly we deal with tupperware (dont get me wrong the newer stock is better than it used to be btw). Personally I am eliminating that problem as I just ordered a MDT LSS chassis for my tikka on black friday :)

Is the T3x light stock pretty tough, say, compared to the flimsy Savage Axis stocks?

Originally Posted By: farmer44magAlready have the scope for it. Leupold VX3i 3.5-10x40. Couldn’t resist the sale price.

That's a decent scope at a good weight. I have had many Leupolds mounted on Tikka's.

I have tried and don't care for the Browning. THe Bergaa I have not shot.
The Tikkas I have bought 8. 4 I've kept and 2 each for my 2 sons. They are all stainless models. My current control gun is a .243 that's been tweeked some and is my favorite. The boys each have 06's, and .270s. Triggers are fine, weight is good, all extremely accurate.
In some ways it's ford/Chevy/ dodge.

Hef-A

Originally Posted By: UncleHef-A.I have tried and don't care for the Browning. THe Bergaa I have not shot.
The Tikkas I have bought 8. 4 I've kept and 2 each for my 2 sons. They are all stainless models. My current control gun is a .243 that's been tweeked some and is my favorite. The boys each have 06's, and .270s. Triggers are fine, weight is good, all extremely accurate.
In some ways it's ford/Chevy/ dodge.

Hef-A

Have you tried any all copper bullets in your .243? Have read they don’t work well with 1:10 twist. Running federal trophy coppers in our savage Axises to great effect on game and under MOA accuracy.

Farmer.. I use 99% Federal 55 grain ballistic tips in my 243's. Work super. I have used cases of them in all my favorite 243's
Tikkas
Older Winchester XTR
Older Rem 700 BDL
Older Rem 721
Savages
In disclosure.. All my rifles have shot them at acceptable MOA. Do they rip the same hole at 300 yards? Don't know never tried. Very tight at 200, tighter than I can shoot free hand and I'm known as able to hit what I aim at. Most deer don't care if they are shot on the right side of the heart or a smidge to the left side. Dumping coyotes is what those rounds do for a living in my guns and they do it really well.
I think your 3 choices are all good and Well thought out. I bet your going to be real happy hunting with whichever you choose.
Merry Christmas.
Hef-A

When i buy a rifle, I always ask myself, "what's plan 'B' "?
I bought a Tikka LITE in 270. Grouped good, but it kicked like a Missouri Mule. Barrel was short/not as high of velocity as I would of liked. So......I rebarreled it to a 6-284 Pac-Nor w/1-13 twist. Manners stock, NF scope, & a Bix N Andy trigger. This is a dog rifle only, with 55 ballistic tips going 4320 FPS. 12 1/2 pounds with bipod. This thing cycles like a dream. The bix came set at 10 ounces, and it's light, but you can still put a finger on it and it won't go off. But you duo have to pull on it. Just not all that much.
smile.gif

Have fun choosing!

Ended up going with the Tikka T3x Lite stainless in 6.5 Creedmoor. Should have it in a week or so. Hopefully I’ll get a decent day to sight it in this winter.

Originally Posted By: farmer44magAlready have the scope for it. Leupold VX3i 3.5-10x40. Couldn’t resist the sale price. Will use either DNZ one piece or Talley mounts, both are very light.

Great scope. I ran in on my X-Bolt .243 for a few years (two deer, one antelope, a pile of coyotes). The weight of the scope is not too bad, either.

That said, I don't hunt with my .243 very often because one of its magazines has started to no push up the second round. First round? Feeds like butter.

Back