Iron Sights or Green Laser

Keep the scope on 3x there is usually time to turn a scope up for a longer shot and never enough time to turn one down close in. Any time you don't have your scope on the lowest power you pay the price, target acquisition versus precision. I'll take acquisition on a calling rifle to the point where FOV is more important than X's to me. Most of my calling rifle scopes have 1.5-6 or 1-4 power scopes on them. Coyotes are big targets, pelt friendly cartridges can run out of energy before you run out of X's to hit them with.

Fit the rifle to you so when the butt hits your shoulder your eye is in line with the scope with no need to lift or move your head to find the image. There are any number of adjustable cheek rests for an AR. Practice mounting the rifle and finding close objects, or even flying birds.

Last edited:
Get an EOTech and you won't have to worry about close up target acquisition.

The 65 MOA Circle can be used for up close critters.

I have the HHS1 system where it comes with the EXPS 3-4 and a G33 flip to the side magnifier for longer shots. The magnifier can be quickly detached too. And I also have some Magpul sites on the front and back that are co witnessed with the EOTech HWS.

Back