Favorite 6.5 Rem Mag Loads

I have a Remington 700 Custom Shop Sendero in 6.5 Rem Mag with a 24" match select Shilen Barrel.

The best accuracy load I use is 56gr IMR 4831 with a Nosler AB 130 gr bullet, leaves the barrel at 3050 fps and produces 5/16" groups. I did try different powders and bullet combinations without success. The Nosler 129 gr ABLR, Nosler Part 125 gr and Nosler BT 120gr gr did not produce good groups. Also tried IMR 7828, IMR 4350, RL22 and H4831SC without success. IMR 7828 and RL 22 gave the best velocity (up to 3200 fps) but the accuracy started spreading out the higher the velocity went.

Hope this helps.

I have two 6.5 RMs, a 24" barrel 700 and 660 with 20" barrel. H-4350 has been my go-to powder for years, and gives good accuracy with everything from 95 gr. V-Max to 140 gr. Partition Noslers. Even shoot a few 160 gr. Sierra or Hornady roundnose at times, same powder.

I also have two 6.5 Rem. Mags., one 600, and one 660.
My go to load has been 54gr IMR 4831, CCI 250 primer, and the 129gr Hornady Spire Point, both guns are extremely accurate with that load and I've shot deer with both of them.
I have formed .350 Rem. Mag. from 7mm Rem. Mag., but never tried to form the 6.5 Mag., so far no need to do that since I stocked up on the 6.5 ammo and brass over the years when it was available.

I too have a 350 rem mag form die and I formed from 7mm rem mag. I wanted to see how they would turn out and it worked good. What is your favorite load for the 350 rem mag?

I load 57gr IMR 4895, CCI 250 primer, and the 200gr Hornady Spire point.
Also have a 600 and a 660 in the .350 Rem. Mag., both guns seem to like that load.
When you formed the .350 Mag. brass, did you need to do anything to the neck after forming? I also have a good supply of factory brass for the .350, I just wanted to see how the form and trim die worked and formed some brass for another guy who needed it. All the brass I formed fit in the chamber of both my guns but I never loaded any of the formed brass. I also have a young fishing buddy who bought a 600 in .350 Rem.Mag., I loaded some brass that he had bought and donated some of my stash to him, but he aint getting no more
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I used the Hornady unique case lube and it worked fine. Just ran thru the fl dies after. I haven't loaded any yet. I just bought the die to see how it would work. I have enough factory brass yet. I really like that Hornady unique case lube. Not sticky and won't dent the cases and forms the 350 cases nicely

Thanks, I was wondering if either inside reaming or outside turning of the neck would be necessary. From what I have read going up in caliber usually isn't a problem, but going down to the 6.5 may require the additional step.

Back