ATF Form 4 Wait Times.

[beeep] news alert. Going back to old system. Too many people called and complained that guys cut in line with new system roll out. Expedited system is suspended.

I stopped in Saturday and bought a can for the soul reason of short wait. Then I found this out. Called silencershop to verify. Change came 27th nov.

Sometimes we are our own worst enemy. I went from 3 months to 11 possibly although I’m sure it will be shorter

Originally Posted By: steve garrettCheck cashed 1-4-19. Got call yesterday stamp is in! Form 4 trust

Good news. Mine was bought in March on a trust. Means I should be getting close.

Originally Posted By: HumpnessLet us know if you were on the expedited system and you get a recent approval

First I heard of any expedited system!!

Ya so if you bought your can before mid June you were hosed and were on old system(11mo). The guys after mid June got their can in 90 days. Of course the way they rolled it out it pissed off people and that’s why it only lasted a little while. Now it’s back to the same as it was. I wouldn’t have bought a can at that moment had I known. I already have one so it wasn’t super important.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/exclusive-atf-kills-program-fast-tracked-nfa-items/

Last edited:
I have 3, but bought 2 more. Silencerco said the checks were cashed Nov 24. Got my fingers crossed that I snuck in under the new system. Only reason I bought them is I heard about the improved wait times. I did not know there were 2 systems-that’s stupid.

Ruger Silent- SR 22LR Suppressor

Form 4 Individual submitted: 03/08/2019
Paperwork arrived at dealer: 12/02/2019
Picked up: 12/06/2019

Originally Posted By: HumpnessYa so if you bought your can before mid June you were hosed and were on old system(11mo). The guys after mid June got their can in 90 days. Of course the way they rolled it out it pissed off people and that’s why it only lasted a little while. Now it’s back to the same as it was. I wouldn’t have bought a can at that moment had I known. I already have one so it wasn’t super important.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/exclusive-atf-kills-program-fast-tracked-nfa-items/

Awe geez, THIS is why we can't have nice things....
I mailed one in on Nov 2nd. I know they already started on it because they called me to tell me that I forgot to include a copy of my trust. It will be interesting to see if I get it in Jan/Feb or next fall. This whole process is ridiculous.

My thoughts as well. I doubt it will be as long as before but I still think atleast 6months wait. If they are in March for old system and summer new system is done. March -> June (3months) + September -> December (3 months). Hopefully you guys are processing from September on. To back my theory up I need to keep an eye on nfa tracker to see if any stamps are mailed from the June to current time period. I feel like their hasn’t been a stamp mailed for a while in that time period. Best case 6 months since they are about a 1:1 month back log.

Last edited:
When I picked up my last one end of Sept. The dealer said he had two stamps come in that week from the purchases the last week in May,

I had heard they were working on coding the form 4 efile system starting back in march or something like that. Anyone heard any updates on that?

Submitted paper work on 3/5/19, check cashed 4/4/19. Just got notification from the dealer that the stamp is in and to pick up my Griffin Recce 7. 1/3/20.

Originally Posted By: Rhett SteeleSubmitted paper work on 3/5/19, check cashed 4/4/19. Just got notification from the dealer that the stamp is in and to pick up my Griffin Recce 7. 1/3/20.

Trust or individual?

Check cashed for form 4 on March 13, 2019. Got the call today Jan 9, 2020 that it is ready for pick up. Will pick up tomorrow. It was a trust with just me and the wife. Removed all others prior to submitting.

Back