22 caliber Bullets

Originally Posted By: reb8600 So you comment and say this
Originally Posted By: steve garrettI love it when someone says Vmaxs from my 22-250 are amazing at dropping coyotes. The funny thing is yeah they worked ok on the 3 coyotes they have killed. you cannot know how a bullet does on coyotes till you have killed about 25 with it, maybe even a few more. However you can know its a bad bullet with one coyote

Then turn around in the same post and say this

Originally Posted By: steve garrett My go to in 22-250 is the Sierra 1365, for coyotes, although I never tried I suspect the Sierra 1330 would probably perform the same with more speed than the 55’s. Sierra uses a heavier jacket in 22 cal than most makers do, way thicker than Hornaday. 4 drt there and 1 spinner is probably not that bad, it’s better than I do with a 223 most of the time

So if someone else makes a judgement in 4 coyotes they know nothing but you can do it in 4 coyotes?

No you are missing it what I am saying is 2 things if 4 coyotes is your sample and 3 were bang flops 1 was a spinner, you may not have an issue. The questions is why was the one a spinner. The other is out of 4 coyotes I probably need a finisher on 1 of them with a 223 no matter what bullet I shoot at them. There are variables including where the shot hit the coyote. As long as I don’t see splashing I am pretty happy. But I hate finishing shots too

Picked up a box of Sierra 1365’s. Going to give them a try, but that will have to wait. Going hunting tomorrow morning and I will use what is loaded. Finding time to get to the bench is not that hard..... time spent at the range is harder to come by.

Back