Anyone get a Lucky Duck Roughneck yet??

P&Y

Just ordered one and am anxiously waiting. Curious if anyone has took delivery yet and could give some initial impression!

I got mine this past Friday and took it out yesterday on it's maiden run.

First impression, love the remote. IMO, it's a very good upgrade from the Revolt remote in that a guy can wear gloves and actually find and push the right buttons without looking. The pause/play button is raised above the others, which makes it easy to locate and operate. The screen is larger also, making it easier to read. Also seems to have a quicker response time from when you push a button to when you get the chosen action. And although it didn't bother me, since there are no choices for other channels, like on the Revolt, now when a guy turns on the remote it is very quick to locate the call and be ready to call.

The smaller size of the call is nice, compared to the Revolt, but I sure do wish it had the ability to rotate. That's the one thing I really liked about the Revolt.

This thing is also every bit as loud and clear as the Revolt is.

All in all, my first impression is all positive. Will put some miles on the new call and see how she holds up with some heavy use.

Thank you for the impressions, glad you like it!

Sounds like just what I was hoping for. I agree on missing the rotating ability but I think the other improvements will be worth giving that up, at least for me.

Good luck with it!

I got mine last week also. Have had it out 3 times and love the remote compared to the old foxpro I had. Can read it! Without my glasses on!

Love the sounds and the canned hunts however had no luck with it yet which is normal here in Missouri. I got it from Rick P and like his extra sounds on it.

I lost my instructions for the remote and wish I could get a pdf file of the manual somewhere. I would guess you can customize the buttons, especially the “joystick” but not sure.

The pause/play button feels like a joystick, but it's not. It's only function is pause and play and to select the folder once you scroll through and find the folder that you want to open.

10-4, my wife tossed the box with my directions/manual. Probably because when she asked if I got a new toy, I responded with "No, I've had that for a while!!" Always been my policy that a little while is anything over 1 day!

Originally Posted By: SEMOmike10-4, my wife tossed the box with my directions/manual. Probably because when she asked if I got a new toy, I responded with "No, I've had that for a while!!" Always been my policy that a little while is anything over 1 day!

Hilarious!! Thanks again guys for the comments, it helped with my wait. I got mine and used it some. Your info was spot on, I'm loving it. Very compact, amazing remote and as expected great sound volume/clarity. I've only scratched the surface on the sound list.

Last edited:
I don't know that that's something that will be possible, but wouldn't surprise me that in the future the Revolt gets any upgrade and the remote is part of it.

Back