Leupold warranty/ response to product?

rudymontana

I have and a older Leupold range finder (RX600) I sent it in for warranty work. I had lost it and found it a couple months later. Weather and mother nature did a number on it.
I hadn't heard from Leupold after I sent it in. Quick check shows they got it. I called Leupold after a month. It took a few phone calls and waiting on the line to get to a real person! The individual says someone will contact you by the end of the day. It didn't happen! I told him that I understood that the warranty on this product was expired and just wanted to hear from someone at Leupold that this was the case. It has been 2 months now and nothing from Leupold. I WILL STICK WITH VORTEX. NO MORE LEUPOLD! ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS EXPERIENCE?

Last edited:
I've always had excellent service from Leupold also, BUT, I sent a Delta Point in for repair a month ago and heard back via e-mail that they received it and it would take from 2 to 3 weeks for repair. They are 1 week and 1 day late, so I called this morning for a repair status. When I got the recording I was number 74 on the Q, I just hung up. I guess it will take however long it takes. Kinda scary that over 74 people had called Leupold prior to 11:30 CST today.

I called Burris recently and was number 16 on the Q and that took 40 minutes to go from 16 to getting a tech. They're either short staffed or people were on vacation when I called.

I dropped a 2x7 VXII out of a tree, caved in the turret and I don't rember what else, but they repaired it N/C except for I think $7. postage. Sent in another that was bent by UPS and they fixed that one also for a very nominal fee. That was over 20 years ago,but I have had phone help and advise recently and they were very helpful.

I have one particular Leupold scope that went back to them 4 times before the problem was addressed. They could not have evaluated the scope appropriately the first three times they had it. They just boxed it up and sent it back without a single thing being done to it. It's sad to say I had to tell them how find the problem with their product. Their fall back position was to blame me for the issue. I'll never buy another Leupold product.

I've emailed them a few times and never gotten any responses back. For example, what are the dimensions of xyz reticle it's not on your web site. No response. Can you install abc reticle on this scope, your web site is vague. No reply. Is the VX-5 reticle and red dot the same or different dimensions than the VX-R? No response.

I know two people who sent their old discontinued Leupold rangefinders in for repairs. Both were sent brand new rangefinders that were much better than the ones they sent in.

Last edited:
In my above post I stated I called Leupold for a status on my Delta Point sight and was #74 on the Q and just hung up. Well, a couple weeks later I received a brand new upgraded micro Delta Point Pro in place of my original Delta Point. That is what their lifetime guarantee is all about and that's saying a lot, as they are a quality company with quality products.

Strange, I've called and sent emails both and got very quick responses. Sometimes just minutes after sending them. Guess I'm lucky.

In my experience, most companies rarely offer a lifetime warranty on electronics. If they do, they either have a kick butt product that rarely breaks or they over charge for cheap chineasium crap and can afford to give away a lot of free product.

Just my opinion.

And I've never had a problem with leupold warranty or CS.

Last edited:
I have sent back 2 different sets of Leupold binoculars for repair. Each time they sent me back brand new binoculars and they were even newer models than what I sent them. Was very impressed by that.

Back