Baiting

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
I hope you do. I wish you well with that.

Do you have a direct line to the predator Gods?

Took a small male bobcat tonight! (I'll post a picture tomorrow.)

Congratulations on the bobcat, and looking forward to the pictures. 6 does have contacts above. I can vouch for that.
smile.gif

I actually was on my way home and decided to do some spotlighting. I was heading out a dirt canyon road when I caught eyes. He only showed me his head and I wasn't certain to what he was. I played with him for 1 1/2 hours before he stood up (70 yards). White light, red light, calling, horn on truck etc. I actually drove off and came back. He had stood up and was cleaning himself when I got back so I was sure what he was.

He didn't move an inch after the shot but a squirrel just below him ran off. The whole thing was odd to say the least.

That’s almost as good as DoubleUp’s buddy who ran out of ammo, called his wife to bring him some more, went out to the road to get it, returned and killed the other coyote. You guys are too much.

Went out on the full moon night, last Thursday. I usually don't do so well on full moon nights but fortunately we had some cloud cover early and I was able to take a nice red dog at 7:30. Once the clouds moved out and everything got bright, all activity ceased. The video is not terribly exciting, but at least I remembered to hit the record button! . . . lol. The fox was a really nice mature one. I have a picture of it on Flickr but am unable to get it sharable on here..? Any suggestions.?
picture: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138945421@N08/shares/a97xr2

Video:

Last edited:
GG, here's your picture. A beautiful red for sure.

49219048137_68555eb458_o by Double Up, on Flickr

You might want to resize you picture before uploading it. Something like 800x600 works well for internet. Anyway after you upload and click on the picture you should get the curved arrow at the bottom right screen, and when you put your cursor over that it will say share photo. When you click on that you should go to the top of that box which appears and click on the BB Code. Then copy that and you just paste it wherever you want it in your message. You can also set the size in that box as well.

I killed this one tonight calling behind my house.

IMG_20191217_205005974 by Double Up, on Flickr

It had been raining earlier but had quit for a while. Too wet to leave to go calling, but I looked out the window and saw this one hunting going to the north about 500 yds. back. I grabbed my gear and set up at the very back of the yard.

I put the call out about half way the first cut where I had mowed the cornstalks. Played a couple of rabbit sounds and here she came sneaking along about 25 yds. over in the next cut. Woofed her to a stop and popped the cap on her. Ten minute hunt.

Here is the video: Since I killed her from behind the house I decided to post it in the baiting section although she has never been near the bait pile.

All coyotes around my place are considered "Baiting". I throw out scraps, dog food and trapped carcasses around the place year round. It seems to keep coyotes in the area but I rarely actually shoot over the bait.

Nice work! I always like calling after seeing them first.

This is a small compilation of trail camera videos taken on my family farm. I know it isn't exactly "baiting" but does show what is in the area near my bait site, which is maybe 300 yards or less from this place.

There is a natural game trail that leads beside and behind the barn and down the hollow to a clear cut and timber. Lots of wildlife follow the trail. I placed the camera looking slightly across the trail at a couple of oak trees that serve as a natural food source for deer and turkey, but seems that many different animal species follow the trail. It's interesting to see what's in the area. Trail cameras are great monitoring tools.

This latest bobcat has been hanging around for a while and I have tried calling him a couple of times, but no luck yet. I plan to keep trying, maybe take my son and help him get a shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOHeShbBWr8&feature=youtu.be

Softpoint, we do have a good variety of game around. I have collected so many videos over the years that some have been misplaced or deleted, but I still was able to keep a few. Most every animal species we have here has passed by these two oak trees at one time or another. The way the land lays, the ridge and cover in the hollow to the barn 30 yards to the left of the view, and a small field nearby lends itself to a lot of activity. I am just waiting for the video of all videos of catching a mountain lion. Lots of people claim we have them here but I have not seen one.

Back