Cabelas on Tucker Carlson tonight

I have several friends who worked for Cabela's in Sydney. The sale was devastating to them. What also disappoints me is that one of our senators (Ben Sasse) received a large donation from the hedge fund manager who engineered this disastrous sale - and Ben did not say anything about this - yet he purports to be the champion of Nebraska. He was bought and paid for.....

Grizz - he is my senator and he has already heard from me about this - of course no response. He is on the "take" and can't get around that fact!

This is business, the practice of buying and "raping" a company into bankruptcy has been going on for decades if not centuries. They laugh all the way to the bank with their profits.

Very sad what happened there, I know several people with the railroad there. I did not know about Ben Sasse. He's up this year, his days might be numbered when this gets out.

Actually the problem goes even deeper. The employees I've talked with have said Cabelas was an amazing place to work when the family owned it. When they went public, it was a gradual slide downhill. We see the same thing in other industries. Shareholder profits above all else. Infrastructure is expected to maintained on a shoestring budget while employees are held accountable if it fails and profits are measured in billions per quarter and union contracts get weaker at every round of bargaining.

Back