Bergara Premier Ridgeback is "Bad to the Bone" 6.5 PRC

ironworker

Shot my Bergara Premier Ridgeback 6.5 PRC for the 1st time today. My hand loads and factory ammo all shot 1/2 MOA ! On other forums it's easy to post a picture ,not this one.

Last edited:
I sure like the way my Bergara’s shoot. I think the ridgeback comes with a trigger tech in them. Any idea what the trigger breaks at? Nice shooting btw.

Its adjustable from 1 1/2 to 4LBs + . Alan screw under trigger mechanism, every click is 2oz ,it's really sweet. I've adjusted mine to Its lightest setting.Rifle wasn't cheap,but its a beautiful piece of engineering .

My only experience with Bergara rifles has been a couple of B-14 series rifles. The factory provided triggers on both of my rifles adjusted down to just over 2.5 pounds which is where I like a hunting rifle used in all weather conditions to be trigger-wise. Both triggers break very cleanly with no creep or grit.

It would add to the overall rifle price considerably, but I bet that a Bix'n Andy 700 trigger, if it will work and bolt right up, would be a very significant addition to an already very fine rifle. Based on my B-14 experience, I've been eyeing a Premier Highlander in 280AI but I haven't sprung for one yet. I'm guessing that the trigger would be great as it comes from the factory, but a Bix'n Andy might be sweet on the Highlander.

I'm glad that your Bergara experience is good. So far for me they are one of the better dollar values to be found in a gun shop today.

Originally Posted By: Winny FanMy only experience with Bergara rifles has been a couple of B-14 series rifles. The factory provided triggers on both of my rifles adjusted down to just over 2.5 pounds which is where I like a hunting rifle used in all weather conditions to be trigger-wise. Both triggers break very cleanly with no creep or grit.

It would add to the overall rifle price considerably, but I bet that a Bix'n Andy 700 trigger, if it will work and bolt right up, would be a very significant addition to an already very fine rifle. Based on my B-14 experience, I've been eyeing a Premier Highlander in 280AI but I haven't sprung for one yet. I'm guessing that the trigger would be great as it comes from the factory, but a Bix'n Andy might be sweet on the Highlander.

I'm glad that your Bergara experience is good. So far for me they are one of the better dollar values to be found in a gun shop today. The premier series rifle all come with a "Trigger Tech " trigger. It has an adjustment range of 1 1/2-4 1/2 ,an allen screw in front of the trigger outside of stock(No need to remove stock) every click represents 2 oz of adjustment +or- is really sweet ! I adjusted mine down to 1 1/2 pounds .

Originally Posted By: ironworkerOriginally Posted By: Winny FanMy only experience with Bergara rifles has been a couple of B-14 series rifles. The factory provided triggers on both of my rifles adjusted down to just over 2.5 pounds which is where I like a hunting rifle used in all weather conditions to be trigger-wise. Both triggers break very cleanly with no creep or grit.

I'm glad that your Bergara experience is good. So far for me they are one of the better dollar values to be found in a gun shop today. The premier series rifle all come with a "Trigger Tech " trigger. It has an adjustment range of 1 1/2-4 1/2 ,an allen screw in front of the trigger outside of stock(No need to remove stock) every click represents 2 oz of adjustment +or- is really sweet ! I adjusted mine down to 1 1/2 pounds .

Yupper.... I fully understand.

Still, if I spring for the Highlander and its quality is what I think that it is for a factory rifle, I may just spring for the Bix'n Andy trigger too. I've played with all of the current aftermarket triggers, and the 2 B'n A triggers that I own are beyond superb in all ways. That's not a knock on Trigger Tech or anyone else. Its just simply a statement about the B'n A quality.

Originally Posted By: Winny Fan

I'm glad that your Bergara experience is good. So far for me they are one of the better dollar values to be found in a gun shop today.

Have to agree, seems like a lot of gun for the money. Mine shoots great.

Originally Posted By: 17 HornetIts a shame the OP didn't mention what caliber he bought and was impressed with. Sorry 6.5 PRC. I shot the same loads out of the Browning that I did out of Ridgeback. 3"-5"MOA out of browning and under 1/2 MOA Bergara.I had the Browning re-bedded by my smith. He said he tapped the bedding with a screwdriver in the browning and it fell out. Anyhow gunsmiths bedding job turned the rifle into deer accurate,told the sales guy at Scheels that and traded it away with a clear conscience..... Buying that Browning on my part was a rookie mistake,it look very good and was $700 bucks cheaper.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogWasn't mentioned in his original post either. Just that he sold his Browning and got the Bergara. Sorry 6.5 PRC

Mines the HMR. Kinda the entry level rifle but it shoots good with handloads. My only real "Con" is I'm not overly pleased with the trigger. Accuracy is very good so no complaints there. Sorry the Browning didn't work out but I think you got a better rifle now.

What caliber is your HMR ? Oh my rifle was cheap,on sale for $1799. But I don't have to do anything to it,no bedding no trigger change just shoot it.I wish I would've bought a Bergara when they first came out.

Originally Posted By: ironworkerWhat caliber is your HMR ? Oh my rifle was cheap,on sale for $1799. But I don't have to do anything to it,no bedding no trigger change just shoot it.I wish I would've bought a Bergara when they first came out.

Mines the 6.5 CM. Shoots 140 ELD-M's into little bitty groups if I do my part. Mine was in the $900 price range after the gov't got to me. LOL! They got to get theirs.

In the interest of full disclosure by all parties involved, my two Bergara rifles are the B-14 Ridge in 22-250 and 7MM-08.....

I have a bergara hmr in 6.5 creedmoor too. It shoots lights out also. The trigger is fairly good better then any other factory trigger have ever had. It’s not like a timney, trigger tech, or any other good upgraded trigger but for a factory trigger is sure is good. I paid 899 for my rifle and got a $100 gift card with the purchase so that got me my scope rail rings, and a die. The are a good deal for what you get.

Originally Posted By: zr600I have a bergara hmr in 6.5 creedmoor too. It shoots lights out also. The trigger is fairly good better then any other factory trigger have ever had. It’s not like a timney, trigger tech, or any other good upgraded trigger but for a factory trigger is sure is good. I paid 899 for my rifle and got a $100 gift card with the purchase so that got me my scope rail rings, and a die. The are a good deal for what you get.
+1
CC.jpg

Back