help your kids deal with greta and save the planet at the same time.

What is real is the possibility of an astroid strike. That could change the climate quick depending on how big it is.
To my small mind it seems man has not been around to record weather cycles long enough to know much. Who can say that the climate does or does not change every ten thousand years or so.A mans life is just a spark in time.
Look at the old farms that are not being worked now. Nature takes back pretty quickly. I doubt man has as much influance of a lasting kind as he thinks.
Man is more likely to go away because of the flu of some sort than he is to drown in glacier water.

Originally Posted By: tnshootist
To my small mind it seems man has not been around to record weather cycles long enough to know much. Who can say that the climate does or does not change every ten thousand years or so.

and thats one of the BIGGEST issues with the climate narrative - the very limited dataset.

we have maybe 100 years of semi-accurate data, the older stuff being more inconsistent than current.

yet climate "scientists" (and i use that term VERY loosely) are making climate models off that small set of data for a planet that we have 10's of thousands of years of fossil record for.

of course, there are the vostok ice core data - but thats not live observation data. and while you can make a correlation from it, thats the best you can do.

and even then the politicians and media are cherry picking it to make things look as bad as they can... the Venice flooding for example. touted as the "worst in 50 years"... yet its still peaked around 4" below the 1966 floods - floods from 53 years ago.

or the company canada's weather ministry hired do do their climate modeling excluded 100 years of data in making their climate models up... https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnist...-climate-change

just more proof that these climate change people love to tell a story, which may or may not actually be the WHOLE story.

A climate scientist couldn't make much of a living without something to study that has the interest of enough people to pay him to study it.

The way I thought things were is this. It was warm.The Earth was plush with plant life. Lots of water and warmth. For some reason it got real cold. Ice age.Ever since then it's been warming up.might be it will warm up for a long time to come.When it gets warm enough maybe another ice age.
In my opinion God set up the Earth to operate without any input from man.

Although I agree with climate change, the cause can be open to interpretation and blamed on almost anything.
What if someone came up with a theory that 7.7 billion people breathing in oxygen and exhaling co2 was a contributing factor. Maybe AOC will figure out that we need to cull people and not worry as much about cow farts!
I live in an area of Pa where the last glacier stopped, boulder fields all over the area, also can walk up on a ridge behind the house and find fossils of aquatic animals that lived in water millions of years ago, apparently climate change has been going on for a LONG time!

Originally Posted By: tnshootistA climate scientist couldn't make much of a living without something to study that has the interest of enough people to pay him to study it.

not hard to have that kind of interest when you have the majority of academia pushing it on [beeep] near every child in the school system as early as elementary school, not to mention encouraging kids to badger their parents about it nonstop.

and the adults being brainwashed by watching the "news" on the major fake-news networks who are openly pushing the leftist control agenda.

its narrative by pure saturation, without any offer of solutions except for "tax more"

afb120219dAPR20191202064509.jpg

It was computed somewhere I read that the accurate weather data period of the last 120 years translates in actual chronological time to .0000064ths of a second on a 5.5 billion year old planet. I don’t think that’s enough of a time span to make any sort of judgement on weather patterns.

Hef-A

She's rapidly discrediting herself with her rhetoric. Her parents were communists so you can see where formative years developed into her persona. Whose financing her anyway?

Back