Nice Gray tonight

1trkyhntr

I killed this nice female tonight. It has been raining here for the last 36 hours so I knew that the visibility would not be good but I have never seen it as bad as it was tonight. I could not see the wood line at 45 yards through the Trijicon, even with the contrast turned way up. I could not see through the FLIR at all.
She came in at about 5 minutes to Nuttyhatch. She was 12 steps from my rifle barrel when I shot.
I tried a 2nd stand but it was just as bad, I could not see any detail at all and I did not trust having a PID so I quit for the night.
Vfng0Zc.jpg

Very nice looking gray. We didn’t get to hunt any this weekend here. Started raining Friday night, finally quit sometime overnight last night, but had plenty of wind all day today and still blowing. We’ve dropped probably 20 degrees today and supposed to have a chance of snow tonight into the morning. Back to work in the morning, so this time it’s me that’s jealous of you getting to hunt. Seriously though, congratulations on the gray.

I'm hopeful that we will get some good weather sometime soon. It seems like it's either too warm, too windy, or raining %50 of the time so far this season. Plus now deer season is in. There isn't a square foot of ground that will not have deer hounds running through it at some time or another plus all the dead deer and gut piles that the coyotes have to eat.
I'm mainly just hitting the small fox holes now, I don't expect to have good coyote hunting until about mid January.

Back