Johnny Stewart Cassettes

andrews1958

I have a number of Johnny Stewart cassette tapes that I would like to install on my FoxPro. Has anyone done this before? I have seen cassette players that you can put the call on to a memory stick that you next take and put it on your computer. From here I think you can download to your FoxPro. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Are there any professional company that can do it for you?

You will need to get them saved to a computer in an MP3 format. After that you program the call like you would with any Fox Pro sound.

I have not done it with cassette tapes so I don't know. Somehow you need to get them recorded to a computer or a CD. A CD would be a lot easier if you had them.

I have been away from the boards for a while.. The easiest way is to use an cassette to MP3 ezcap. They can be purchased through amazon or eBay for around $25.00.. they come with software to record and save your sound in MP3 format. I would suggest using a sound editing program, I use audacity but my computer for sounds is still running Windows XP. Johnny Stewart cassette sound average between 3-5 minutes between loops, I would fast forward deeper into the cassette to get a loop that hasn’t been played as much so you can start with a clear crisp original with as little hiss as possible. It is amazing what you can clean up with a good sound program, I was able to convert all of the Johnny Stewart cassettes to MP3 as welll as most of the 45 records with sounds.. a little time and patience and you can get sounds that are top notch.

ok now I have a new thing to buy, the cassette recorder. Ebay here I come. Also can you tell me what sound software program you are using to clean up the cassettes. I still have a few JS cassettes in the original package that I have run across in the past couple of months cleaning out old calling equipment bags.

Thanks

I have a few tape recordings on my foxpro. My buddy did the computer work for me. It was very easy with no special things needed. A tape recorder and computer and wire between the 2. I know it is mp3 format and that’s about all I know. That’s why I had him do the hard stuff lol.

Back