Leupold VX-R Deal

Boilers

I did a lot of reading on here for suggested coyote scopes. Many suggested the VX-R line. I searched high and low on the web for deals... EBAY, Gunbroker, and about every normal online retailer. Cheapest price was $430 for the 3-9X40. I thought I looked on Amazon previously, but I pulled it up again and it showed up @ $329. Thought I would pass this along. Interesting this is from OpticsPlanets Amazon store, but on their actual site, this is $499

Leupold 3-9X40

Last edited:
Cabela's had the vxr 3-9 for $299 in their Oct 26th ad. I don't need any more of them but that was a smoking deal

Wow that is cheap! I don’t know how I missed that, being that I get all their ads. Oh well, I guess I still didn’t do too bad considering msrp is $649. I’m not super excited about the reticle... kinda wish it had some ballistic dots, but I’ll be putting on a .223, and doubt shots wont be much beyond 300 yards... which is only 12” drop with a 100 yard zero. I think I can guesstimate the holdover if necessary. I am excited to find out how well the illumination works and how good the scope does in low light though!

Last edited:
I bought the 3x9 VXR when they first came out with the LRV retical. It was basically a duplex with 3 illuminated dots. Zero at 200, the next 2 dots match at 300 and 400 yards with my 22-250 shooting 55 grain bullets. I see that retical is unavailable now in the 3x9. Not sure why. I think it's perfect for my use.

Op.... Beware of Amazon and ebay. Have read many horror stories of some buying At great prices to find they are counterfeit. Maybe real but just beware

Originally Posted By: 10ring1Op.... Beware of Amazon and ebay. Have read many horror stories of some buying At great prices to find they are counterfeit. Maybe real but just beware

usually the fakes are being sold at prices that are totally unrealistic. they stick out like a sore thumb.

however - buying someplace like amazon, you've got buyer protection backing you up too.

if you do happen to get a fake theres no way amazon isnt going to back you if you have proof (ie: known fake SN, etc)

ebay has a bit more risk and if you REALLY wanna find fakes - go look at Wish or ali-express or alibaba, etc. thats where most of the fake [beeep] is being sold these days. wish is one of the worst from what i've seen... they dont care who's product name the use to sell their fraudulent [beeep].

Back