Snowshoes

This morning was a quick coyote hunt before meeting three friends for 18 holes of virtual golf. After doing both today, Im thinking “coyote mulligans” would be a good option for future hunts.

Horror frost clung to every stationary object this calm, -2F morning which brought a unique look to the landscape. I set up on a fence line which gave me a good view of a thick bush 300 yards to the south of my location.

Being such a calm morning, I selected vole squeaks to flood the surrounding area. A minute later, I see a coyote working its way towards me and I follow its progress in the scope. The way I was set up, the coyote was on my off-side, which would require some repositioning. After some “not so” stealthy moves on my part, I alert the coyote, causing it to stop in its tracks. Zoomed the scope up & with cross hairs placed on its chest, its just a matter of a light touch of the trigger which resulted in putting the 146 yard coyote down.
The sound of the shot echoed across the fields which sent a couple other coyotes to farther parts of the county.

Thank you guys
thumbup.gif

Back