Looking for 450 bushmaster load data

buckthumper

Anyone have any load data for 230 grain jackets bullets and 230 grain cast bullets in a 450 bushmaster? What kind of dies are you using?

IOve been told the new (6th ed) Sierra manual has 450 data in it. Have not seen so I really dont know.

Call 800 bulletsmiths (sierra service) and ask them. Free and they are very helpful regardless of powder/data being used, theirs or not.

Are you loading for a AR Lyman has a new AR load book with 450 data, The new Sierra manual has data for 230gr bullets as does the Western powders manual which you can find online.
You could start with 34gr lilgun and work up, Rem 7 1/2 primers seem to be the primer of choice.
I'm loading 200gr Barnes XPB's over lilgun with the 7 1/2 primer in Starline brass,
I'm using Hornady dies and taper crimping I tried the Lee factory crimp die but the taper crimp works better for me.

be careful which 230gr bullets you select.

due to the pressure ranges that the 450 operates at vs most standard .452 230gr pistol bullets are designed for.... you run a real risk of having a base deformation on firing causing a pressure spike while firing.

i'm not suggesting that it cant be done, just that you need to do so with an air of caution taking bullet design into consideration.

hornady has specifically mentioned that their .452 250gr XTP (Hornady #45200) should never be used in the 450 bushmaster for that very specific reason just as one example.

lots of info on using 230 gr's over on the 450bushmaster.net forums though.
HTH

Back