Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 19 of 25 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 24 25 >
Topic Options
#3218008 - 11/11/19 10:27 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: S. Texas

To read entire story, cut and paste the (BOLD) headline in your browser.

NEWS
A New Candidate for Confiscator-in-Chief

Former Texas Congressman Robert Francis O’Rourke abandoned his run for President last week, once again leaving a void for the most strident anti-gun candidate seeking the Democrat nomination. Even before declaring his candidacy for President, California Representative Eric Swalwell raised the specter of banning AR-15s and similar firearms, forcing Americans to turn them in through a confiscation scheme mislabeled as a “mandatory buyback,” then “go[ing] after” resisters. He even famously “joked” about using nukes to enforce his scheme.

NEWS GUN LAWS
Strong Firearms Preemption Laws are More Important Than Ever

Photo Courtesy of Jeremy Tremp In recent weeks, gun owners have been given two prime examples of just how important strong firearms preemption laws are to the vibrant exercise of Second Amendment rights. On October 22, the Montana Supreme Court struck down a Missoula ordinance that purported to restrict city residents’ ability to transfer firearms. On October 29, Allegheny County Common Pleas Senior Judge Joseph M. James struck down a raft of Pittsburgh ordinances that purported to regulate the use of firearms in public places within the city and provide for the confiscation of firearms without due process. In both instances the tribunals pointed to the state firearms preemption statute as precluding the locality’s anti-gun efforts.

SHARE THIS EMAIL

If My people will humble themselves, pray, seek My face & turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven & will forgive their sin & heal their land.

#3218447 - 11/15/19 09:16 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Kentucky: Committee to Consider Firearm Seizures Without Due Process

On Friday, November 22nd, the Kentucky state Interim Joint Committee on Judiciary will consider so called “red-flag laws.” Though no legislation has been introduced, such laws usually allow for Second Amendment rights to be suspended and firearms seized without due process.

SHARE THIS EMAIL

If My people will humble themselves, pray, seek My face & turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven & will forgive their sin & heal their land.

#3220272 - 11/29/19 11:36 AM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

Grassroots Alert: Vol. 26, No. 45 11/25/2019

Support NRA-ILA

Bloomberg Bought Virginia Legislators Introduce Confiscatory Gun Ban

Michael Bloomberg’s bought and paid for Virginia legislators have wasted no time introducing legislation that would make the Old Dominion’s gun laws worse than those of the billionaire’s home state of New York.

Joe Biden Wants to Ban 9mm Pistols

A week after he told voters that the Second Amendment doesn’t protect “a magazine with a hundred clips in it,” 2020 Democratic Presidential Candidate Joe Biden offered supporters more of his singular brand of anti-gun nonsense. While attending a private campaign event in Seattle, the former vice president reportedly called for a ban on 9mm pistols.

Gun Confiscation: The Exit-Strategy for Failing Campaigns?

Gun Confiscation: The Exit-Strategy for Failing Campaigns?
The Democrats seeking their party’s nomination to take on President Donald Trump in 2020 have created somewhat of a clown-car atmosphere, with the field eclipsing two-dozen declared candidates at times. Currently, the number stands at a “manageable” 19 individuals to be vetted by Democrat voters.
Professor Elizabeth Warren Offers Class in Political Linguistics

Professor Elizabeth Warren Offers Class in Political Linguistics

Gun control advocates understand the power of language, if not the effective use of it. Over the years the anti-gun establishment has attempted to move away from the term “gun control” to more benign-sounding alternatives such as “commonsense gun safety” or “gun reform.” Their goal of civilian disarmament has remained constant, but the language has changed. Gun control advocates calculate that such shifts in language will further their political aims by obscuring their policy goals.

Member Spotlight: Meet an NRA Virginia mom who is telling voters to ‘watch out’ for Bloomberg’s tricks in 2020

Member Spotlight: Meet an NRA Virginia mom who is telling voters to ‘watch out’ for Bloomberg’s tricks in 2020
Suburban women are expected to play a pivotal role in the 2020 elections, which is why a lot of political groups are attempting to appeal to them. One of Bloomberg’s groups, Moms Demand Action, is styled to fool voters into thinking their extreme beliefs are representative of all suburban moms. And earlier this month in Virginia, this billionaire-funded group spent an enormous amount of money to flip a few seats and win a thin, anti-gun majority in the state legislature. Pro-gun suburban women in Virginia were outraged by the misleading campaign. We spoke with one, NRA member Megan Boland, who says the tactics employed by anti-gun groups in Virginia should serve as a cautionary tale to pro-gun suburban women across the country.

STATE GRASSROOTS ROUND-UP

California: City of Carson Defeats Unconstitutional Resolution Targeting Lawful Gun Owners

Florida Alert! Update on NRA Lawsuit in Florida 18-21-Year-Old Sales Ban Case

#3222117 - 12/10/19 09:44 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

Have you read the latest Grassroots Alert? Catch up today

Find out what's happening each week through the weekly Grassroots Alert- sent straight to your email every Friday. If you're not getting it, you're not getting the full story.

Like the NRA? Like us on Facebook today

If you're not on Facebook, you're missing out on daily highlights from around the NRA, breaking news on important issues, not to mention numerous chances to win through our NRA Giveaways! If you haven't liked us on Facebook yet, join us today!

Watch the Latest NRA Videos

Watch videos by NRA executives, key politicos and leaders in the firearm industry on the latest on your Second Amendment rights.
SHARE THIS EMAIL

&#65533; 2019 National Rifle Association of America, Institute For Legislative Action. To contact NRA-ILA call 800-392-8683. Address: 11250 Waples Mill Road Fairfax, Virginia 22030.

Thank you!

#3222259 - 12/11/19 09:09 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

THE WASHINGTON FREE BEACON
Bloomberg Fumbles Facts, Laws in Gun-Control Policy Rollout

Michael Bloomberg, who has spent years bankrolling the gun-control movement, fumbled facts and made muddled claims on how gun laws work while laying out his campaign's gun-control plan on Thursday. Bloomberg appeared to misunderstand what the FBI's firearms background check system does, seemed to make up a new "loophole" in federal gun laws, and made questionable claims about gun use among young people during a campaign speech in Aurora, Colo.
SHARE THIS EMAIL

#3222405 - 12/12/19 09:24 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

NEWS
Senate Confirms Hunter-Friendly Candidate to Oversee Wildlife Management

The NRA-ILA applauds the U. S. Senate for confirming Aurelia Skipwith to serve as director of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS).
SHARE THIS EMAIL

#3223048 - 12/16/19 10:14 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

view the web version of this email

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Pennsylvania: Attorney General Issues Opinion on Partially-Finished Receivers in Extreme Deviation from Federal Law

Today, Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro issued a tortured opinion defining partially-manufactured receivers as firearms. This opinion flies in stark contrast to the current, and widely held, understanding that receivers manufactured to be 80% or less complete are not considered firearms and therefore aren’t regulated as such.

NEWS
Texas Gun Control Advocates Deride Actual Firearms Safety Efforts

Gun control advocates are not concerned with gun safety. This reality was brought home once again by the anti-gun reaction to Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) and the firearm industry’s work to ensure Texans have free access to gun locks.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION NEWS
First Amendment Defends the Second

On April 24, 2019, shortly after the City of Los Angeles adopted an ordinance that was clearly designed to weaken support for the Second Amendment, NRA filed a lawsuit, calling the city’s outrageous action a violation of the First Amendment. Last week, U.S. District Judge Stephen Wilson issued a preliminary injunction against Los Angeles, temporarily blocking it from enforcing the ordinance.

NEWS
Nevada Concealed Firearm Permit Holders Lose NICS Exemption for Private Transfers

Nevada Concealed Firearm Permit holders are set to get a lump of coal in their stocking this Christmas. Nevadans with a permit have long-enjoyed NICS-exempt status, which exempts these law-abiding individuals from having to undergo a National Instant Criminal Background Check System check every time they purchase a firearm from a gun dealer. Thanks to SB 143, which criminalized the private transfer of firearms in the Silver State, as of January 2 permit holders will be forced to undergo a NICS check when they purchase a firearm from a private individual through a dealer.

SHARE THIS EMAIL

#3226437 - 01/04/20 04:35 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

Grassroots Alert: Vol. 26, No. 47

12/23/2019
Support NRA-ILA

Pennsylvania AG Targets Partially-Manufactured Receivers, Gun Owners
On December 16, Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro issued a convoluted interpretation of state gun law that will have broad implications for Keystone State gun owners. The attorney general’s letter expanded the state’s statutory definition of “firearm” to include almost any material that has the potential to be fashioned into a firearm frame or receiver. The strained interpretation has the potential to effectively eliminate Pennsylvanians’ long-standing tradition of making their own firearms for personal use.
Virginia Gov. Northam Wants to Ban Your Guns AND Make You Pay for It!

NEWS NEWS LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Virginia Gov. Northam Wants to Ban Your Guns AND Make You Pay for It!
As if Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam’s wholesale attack on law-abiding gun owners wasn’t enough, the disgraced public official and his Michael Bloomberg-bought allies in the General Assembly now want the state’s hard-working taxpayers to foot the bill for their unconstitutional schemes. The budget bill (HB30) includes an appropriation of a quarter million dollars to carry out a host of gun control measures that Northam and his anti-gun allies hope to enact.

Puerto Rico Enacts Pro-gun Overhaul of Firearms Laws
NEWS NEWS
Puerto Rico Enacts Pro-gun Overhaul of Firearms Laws
The 3.5 million residents of the Unites States’ largest territory will soon be able to better exercise their Second Amendment rights. On December 11, Puerto Rico Gov. Wanda Vazquez Garced signed the Puerto Rico Weapons Act of 2020. The legislation overhauled the territory’s gun laws in a manner that will make it easier for the island’s residents and visitors to exercise their constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

#3227321 - 01/09/20 09:40 AM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

Grassroots Alert: Vol. 27, No. 1 1/6/2020

Support NRA-ILA

Bloomberg Dismisses Texas Hero, Insists It Wasn’t His “Job” to Have a Gun or Decide to Shoot

NEWS NEWS
Bloomberg Dismisses Texas Hero, Insists It Wasn’t His “Job” to Have a Gun or Decide to Shoot
Jack Wilson – a 71-year-old congregant of the West Freeway Church of Christ in White Settlement, Tex. – is a hero to most Americans. When a deranged man savagely murdered two of Mr. Wilson’s fellow worshippers during a service at the church on Dec. 30, Wilson took swift action. He exposed himself to danger to deliver a single shot from his lawfully carried handgun that instantly ended what undoubtedly would have been even more terrible carnage among the hundreds present.
Crime in Virginia is Falling – Governor Focuses on Making You a Felon

NEWS NEWS
Crime in Virginia is Falling – Governor Focuses on Making You a Felon
Disgraced Governor Ralph Northam and his anti-gun allies in the newly elected legislature have made it clear they are [beeep]-bent on enacting gun control. They want to take your guns and they want taxpayers to fund it. They’ve seen the same research that has shown that gun control doesn’t work.
Virginia Gov. Northam Wants Millions in Tax Money to Ban Guns and Jail Gun Owners!

NEWS NEWS
Virginia Gov. Northam Wants Millions in Tax Money to Ban Guns and Jail Gun Owners!
In recent weeks NRA-ILA informed Virginia gun owners about gun control funding included in the state budget bill. The budget legislation, HB30, included a $250,000 appropriation to the Corrections Special Reserve Fund in order to provide for the “increase in the operating cost of adult correctional facilities resulting from the enactment” of Governor Ralph Northam and the Michael Bloomberg-bought General Assembly’s gun control measures. In other words, $250,000 of taxpayer money that will be used to lock up gun owners who don’t comply with Northam and Bloomberg’s unconstitutional gun laws.
Forget Gun Free Zones, Virginia Gun Controllers Want Ammunition Free Zones

NEWS NEWS
Forget Gun Free Zones, Virginia Gun Controllers Want Ammunition Free Zones
There is no such thing as a gun free zone. A person intent on criminal violence will not be deterred from bringing a gun to a location because of a “no guns” sign or an anti-gun statute. The only consequence of such measures is to ensure law-abiding citizens are disarmed and vulnerable. As demonstrated by Texas churchgoer Jack Wilson and the other armed congregants of West Freeway Church of Christ, allowing law-abiding citizens to carry for the defense of themselves and others can prevent harm.

HUNTING
NRA-Defended Lawsuit Preserves Predator Hunting in Alaska
Great news for hunters in Alaska: Predator hunting, in accordance with Alaska law, can continue on the nearly 77 million acres of National Wildlife Refuge land in Alaska. And the National Rifle Association (NRA) helped make this happen.
STATE GRASSROOTS ROUND-UP

Florida Alert! You Are Paying for Nikki Fried's Inappropriate Actions

#3228281 - 01/14/20 09:51 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Maryland: Gun Control Bills Scheduled for Committee Hearings in Both Chambers

Multiple General Assembly committees are scheduled to consider anti-gun bills tomorrow, January 15.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Minnesota: Hearing on Pro- and Anti-Gun Bills Scheduled

On Tuesday, January 21, the Minnesota Senate Judiciary and Public Safety Committee will hold a hearing on both anti-gun and pro-gun legislation.

SHARE THIS EMAIL

#3228398 - 01/15/20 06:48 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
crapshoot Offline
Retired PM Staff

Loc: Henderson,Nevada,USA
Im a life member, but i must say that the NRA has really screwed the pooch when it comes to Virginia.

Average response time for a 911 call is 10 min.
Average response time for a .45acp is 900FPS.

Remember, if you're not pissing off a liberal......You are one!
Ted Nugent

#3228428 - 01/15/20 09:06 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: crapshoot]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

Originally Posted By: crapshoot
Im a life member, but i must say that the NRA has really screwed the pooch when it comes to Virginia.

For some reason I have not been getting the grassroots bulletins (again), Lance, but just had them reinstated. Looks like ILA are not putting out as regularly as in the past since Cris Cox resigned??

Any rate, looks like NRA did respond and got some results. Hopefully they will jump in full bore.

1000's NRA Members Pressure VA Legislature

Video:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1216702085498122240

Regards,
hm

#3228434 - 01/15/20 09:22 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

To read entire story, cut and paste the (BOLD)headline in your browser.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Anti-Gun Bill Pre-Filed in the Oregon Legislature

Today, the Joint Interim Committee on Judiciary held a work session on LC 38, a firearm storage mandate bill that was pre-filed for the 2020 Legislative Session. This bill contains some of the same egregious provisions from SB 978 that failed to pass last year. These same provisions are also found in Initiative Petition 40 that has been filed for the 2020 Election.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Alert! Florida REPUBLICAN Senators Vote for Massive Gun Control Bill

On Monday, 1/13/20, it happened again. Senate President Bill Galvano picked a fight with Floridians who believe in the constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms. It is well known -- even by the media -- that in 2018 Bill Galvano orchestrated the creation and passage of the "Parkland Gun Control Bill." And, of course, it didn't stop gun crime or criminals. It only took away rights of law-abiding people.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Washington: “Gun-Free Zone” Bill on Senate Floor

On January 13th, the Washington Senate pulled Senate Bill 5434 from the Senate Rules Committee back to the floor, where it can receive a vote at any time. SB 5434 was retained as a carry-over bill from 2019 that would expand “gun-free zones.”

SHARE THIS EMAIL

#3228616 - 01/16/20 09:11 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

To read entire story, cut and paste the (BOLD)headline in your browser.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Washington: Additional Hearing Scheduled on Gun Ban Bills

On Tuesday, January 21st, at 10AM, the House Civil Rights & Judiciary Committee will consider several anti-gun bills that would severely restrict the Constitutional Rights of law-abiding Washingtonian citizens. This hearing comes just one day after the Senate Law & Justice Committee will hear testimony on numerous other gun bills. Testimony will be limited to 90 seconds per person and House Bills 2240 and 2241 will be heard together.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
New Mexico: Anti-Gun Lawmakers Gearing up for Session by Pre-Filing Gun Control Bills

While the New Mexico Legislature won’t convene until next week, anti-gun legislators have already pre-filed multiple gun control bills, including “Red Flag” gun confiscation laws and bans on popular firearm accessories.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
New Hampshire: Bill to Shut Down Shooting Ranges Set for Committee Hearing

On January 23rd, the New Hampshire Senate Judiciary Committee will hold a public hearing on Senate Bill 469, sponsored by Senator Jeanne Dietsch (D – District 9), at 10:00 AM in Room 100 of the State House.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Virginia: Senate Voting On Anti-Gun Bills Today!

The anti-gun majority continues to fast track their agenda. On January 16th, the full Virginia Senate will be holding floor votes on the gun control bills that only left committee on Monday.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
West Virginia: Committee to Hear Important Preemption Bill Tomorrow

On January 16th, the West Virginia Senate Government Organization Committee will hear Senate Bill 96, which would strengthen West Virginia’s preemption law.

SHARE THIS EMAIL

#3228824 - 01/17/20 09:10 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

To read entire story, cut and paste the (BOLD)headline in your browser

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
North Carolina: Your Input Needed On Sunday Hunting

The North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission (WRC) has announced a survey to gather information from the public relating to Sunday hunting on public lands.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Rhode Island: Join Fellow Gun Owners at a Pro-Gun Rally on January 23

On Thursday, January 23, NRA’s State Association, The Rhode Island 2nd Amendment Coalition, will be hosting a pro-gun rally at the State House in the Rotunda.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Virginia: Senate Passes Three Anti-Gun Bills

On Thursday, January 16th, the Virginia Senate voted to pass three of the anti-gun bills that the Senate Judiciary Committee approved on Monday. The fight is far from over! Dozens of other gun control bills from Michael Bloomberg’s wish-list have still not been taken up by a committee. Second Amendment supporters have demonstrated an unprecedented showing in support for our rights. It is critical that law-abiding citizens not back down and remain ready to oppose this agenda at every turn.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
California: Self-Defense Bill Fails to Pass Committee

This week, Assembly Bill 503 failed to pass out of the Assembly Public Safety Committee on a party line vote. AB 503, sponsored by Assembly Member Heath Flora (R-12) would have allowed an individual with a valid concealed carry weapons license to carry to, from, or in a church, synagogue, or other place of worship on the grounds of a public or private K-12 school when the individual has the written permission of the school authority.

SHARE THIS EMAIL

Page 19 of 25 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 24 25 >

Moderator:  DesertRam, Stu Farish 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.