3-2-1 = 34.5 female

Pa. Mick

34.5 lb. female / 10 pm / 11-24-19
223 55 gr.hp
Shot 3, double tapped 1 recovered this gal ! Exciting night, bummer morning !

Yes the 223 is for the most part fur friendly. With that said so is my 17 Hornet, 204 & 243 as long as you use a fur friendly bullet. I have leaned towards hollow points. Varmint loads.

The 243 rules for knock down power in my opinion. Makes sense with it having more powder pushing it. Shot placement is critical for these small bullets. I have had more runners with the 223. Blame my poor shot placement but don’t have much problem with that with my 243.

If I could only choose 1 rifle the 243 hands down !!

Yes I had 2 runners that I didn’t find. One made it onto property l don’t have permission to hunt on , the other made it into really thick brush.

No matter what light caliber we use shot placement matters ! I just normally don’t have runners. I don’t like having to go back looking for them, like them DRT !

Shot quite a few with 204 & 243. Many guys are using the 223. I really like the follow up shots with the AR platform. Time will tell.

Thanks guys !!

Last edited:
A bittersweet night for sure I have gone back in the morning before to,and find nothing but a hand full of fur. It sometimes just happens , thought I hit a grey last week was sure I heard the bullet hit and seen it drop few seconds later its moving around and it runs to edge of the field stands there I hurry a shot and miss just don't know what the heck happened.

Nice going, Mick. That is a pretty coyote. Looks like a couple I have got lately, with the gray/black color.

Back