New to suppressors looking for a recommendations for a 243

New to the site but thought I'd post this video of my YHM Resonator on a 243. Also have some videos of it on a 22-250, and a 300 blk on my channel.

I have had a Lane Scorpion 556 that I use on my 243 for two years now. I like the suppressor but as it's all stainless it's 22 oz. 9 months ago I purchased a banish 30 for the modularity, weight and ease of order while at a sportsman's show.

Though I haven't heard the Banish or shot it, I really liked the feel of it and the quality of the fit and finish. It's nice to have the option of 7 or 9 inches for more/less weight, shorter/longer for a deer stand or thick cover in the woods.

If I were to do it all over again, I would want something lightweight. The balance point of the rifle really changes with a lb and a half hanging at the end.

Working with Lance Silencers has been good too as half the time a phonecall gets Corey directly and he's a great guy to answer questions (owner I believe). I've heard Silencer Central/Banish doesn't have the best customer service but they were very nice at the sportsman's show, but they were also making $1000 off me that day. They also sat on my paperwork a month and a half after they cashed my check. That was tough to swallow knowing I was looking at a longer ATF wait than brewing a baby would be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: jco89New to the site but thought I'd post this video of my YHM Resonator on a 243. Also have some videos of it on a 22-250, and a 300 blk on my channel.

+1 for the YHM Resonator. My first .30 cal suppressor was/is a SilencerCo Saker 762. I had that on my 6.5 Grendel but switched to the Resonator as soon as the stamp came in. I *think* the Resonator is lighter (it *feels* lighter, but I didn't weigh them), it sounds a bit quieter, too. It cost me 1/2 as much as the Saker 762 which is a nice plus. I also have a YHM Turbo (.22 cal suppressor). I like the YHM products for their performance and their price. I'm only using supersonic ammunition.

--HC

Back