E bikes for coyote calling

beaverquack

Just bought a Rad Rover and am looking forward to seeing how it performs out in the cold high desert. Bought an inverter so that I can charge the battery pack from my vehicle at night. I think it should really help to get me into spots without alerting the yotes. I'm hoping to get around 15-20 miles per charge. Should make for a nice one day hunt.

They sound interesting but I went with a small motorcycle that I can travel distances, 15 or twenty miles would only be a short hunt for me. My bike has a 120 mile range + another 100 with the extra fuel can I carry.

I hope you inverter has a low battery shut off so it doesn't drain your vehicle battery. You might look into a spare battery pack and a solar charger to charge while your hunting. I have a 100 watt suitcase charger that I use with the motor home when dry camping and my hunting truck has a 100 watt panel on the roof for heat and light when hunting in the out back and it allows me to stay in $1. campgrounds or just pull in and camp anywhere in the evening.

Last edited:
I will keep the engine running while I charge it. Thing is I'll be charging at night and the manual says the temp needs to be between 50-77F during charging. Currently where I'll be hunting it is dropping down below 10F at night.

I certainly thought about the small motorcycle, and the extended range is certainly a big plus, but the E assisted bike is A. quieter, and B. allows me to go places where motorized vehicles are not allowed.

Last edited:
I bought a Quietkat ranger 750 this fall. Took it to Colorado on a mule deer hunt. Worked great for getting up the mountain to where we started hunting. The climb drains the battery pretty good, but it's better than humping it. No sweat no scent trail. I use it around home to get to my deerstands. It isn't quite as bad on the battery. (flat land). I'm taking it to Arizona with me this winter, to use coyote hunting in the desert. It's very quiet, and you can cover a lot of ground with it.

Back