Hogster-R 35mm Side by Side Comparison to IR Hunter MK3 60

Kirsch

I was not a part of this video or have any insight into how the comparison was done such as which DVR, etc. However, what it does show is the compact Hogster-R from Bering Optics brings a lot to the table at a moderate price (for thermals). Comparison Video

Kirsch, I had not seen anything about the Hogster having video output, but apparently it does. Pretty good looking image.

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpKirsch, I had not seen anything about the Hogster having video output, but apparently it does. Pretty good looking image. It does have video out but not internal recording, so a user would need a DVR to record. The Hogster-R comes with a dual cable since there is only one USB-C input. It allows for the same USB-C cord to be used for connection to a battery pack and DVR at the same time.

I have a Hogster-R 25mm (1.4x) being sent from Bering Optics, so I can hopefully get some comparison videos of the 25mm (1.4x) and the 35mm (2.0x) from a zoom and FOV standpoint.

Originally Posted By: KirschI have a Hogster-R 25mm (1.4x) being sent from Bering Optics, so I can hopefully get some comparison videos of the 25mm (1.4x) and the 35mm (2.0x) from a zoom and FOV standpoint.
Looking forward to your review.

The shipment is set to ship today and I hopefully will have a tracking number and can give a firmer date. However, I would be anticipating them arriving within the next week and then testing hopefully shortly after.

I'll be honest, it made me chuckle a little bit watching that, and I felt like I was watching a video in favor of the Hogster..... I've never seen a Trijicon look so terrible, lol.

I will say for a 384 core scope, it looked pretty good. But just have a sneaking suspicion the Trijicon wasn't quite dialed in as far as setting go, or, the DVR used to record wasn't quite up to par.

Trijicons never look as good with a DVR as they do through the lens. The same can actually be said for most thermals and the Hogster is being recorded by DVR as well.

I didn't capture the video nor did Bering Optics. It is not known if either scope is tuned to the optimal settings. What I can comment is this little thermal does a very good job for the size and price and does a surprisingly good job in high humidity. It holds it's own against my Helion XP38 especially when the humidity is high and I absolutely love my Pulsar Helion XP38.

Agree 100%

Wasn't calling you out, just to be clear. Just found the video a little funny. But, for what that scope is, looks pretty impressive.

Kirsch, don't want to put you in an awkward position but did you get a reply from Bering Optics on the X-infrared appearing to be the supplier of the Hogster parts?

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpKirsch, don't want to put you in an awkward position but did you get a reply from Bering Optics on the X-infrared appearing to be the supplier of the Hogster parts? See my answers here. It appears this company is using the same Core and housing (not unique to Bering Optics) but will not have the software/firmware, base, or optimization of the Bering Optics Hogster.

Back