Fur Market??? Since NAFA was bought out?

rudymontana

NAFA was bought out by a company in Finland? Only using raised fur. So where does a guy sell his fur now? Any companies in good ole USA anymore?
Rudy

Nafa wasn't bought out, they went under. SAGA took over the mink and fox end.

Lots of good road buyers out there, not to mention state auctions. If all else fails there is still FHA.

Groenwold fur and wool would be a place to consider. I know they are pushing into the Canadian market here so they must be a fairly big player in the fur industry.

I stand corrected! NAFA went under, anyways that company is gone. Thanks for information on buyers. Since I live in Montana I will check out the MTA . Has anyone on here sold furs through them? I see they have the old NAFA logo on their site. Rudy

My last NAFA auction check bounced, no returned calls or email response. Got through to an operator once, took my phone# and said thanks for calling.

Originally Posted By: spotstalkshootMy last NAFA auction check bounced, no returned calls or email response. Got through to an operator once, took my phone# and said thanks for calling.

They have filed for a form of bankruptcy insurance and have been making it sound like they are still working out possibilities to get money out to people. Not to get your hopes up but there may still be a chance

There are some good trapping association sales that are worth looking at. OTC in Klamath Falls Oregon did good for me last year. I averaged $90 on my called and shot coyotes. Most of them took some major sewing to make presentable.

Back