Got another buck this morning

pyscodog

Up at 3AM and at my buddy's house at 4:30. We had about an hour drive maybe a little longer but arrived at his place a little before sun up. Got my gear together and walked to the back side of his 20 acres, yep 20 acres, and found my blind that I've hunted for the last three years. Just after sun up, I saw a tail flicker but no shot opportunity and he headed down the ridge. Thirty minutes later a fawn and a small spike came in close enough to spit on but I passed on them as they were way to small. Figured that was all I would probably see so I set back and poured me a cup of Joe. Then this nice 8 point came in just minutes after the young ones had came and gone. He stepped over a small drop off and all I could see was head and neck so I stood up and just as he started to bolt the 270 hit him dead in the chest. He never took a step. The 130 grain Barnes TTSX dtopped him where he stood. He turned out to be a big body deer but his old antlers had seen better days. We figured he was 5 or 6 as he had worn his teeth almost to the gums. Nice and healty buck but was as good as he would ever be. Only two bucks in Oklahoma deer season and my freezer is full. I was hoping to get one in Archery but have no room so I think I'll call deer season over and see if I can get on some coyotes.

First
BB.jpg

Originally Posted By: johnrr65First
BB.jpg

??

Its my second buck of the season. One in BP and one in rifle. Only allowed two bucks and the freezer is full. No reason to be wasteful.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: pyscodogOriginally Posted By: johnrr65First
BB.jpg

??

Its my second buck of the season. One in BP and one in rifle. Only allowed two bucks and the freezer is full. No reason to be wasteful.
smile.gif

don't mind him. all he has ever posted in his 22 posts is "+1".. you should feel good. at least you got something other than his famous +1. starting to think he is some kind of retard.

but besides that, good job on the buck. got a picture or 2 of him?

Back