Favorite IR light

I ran across the NS750 Extreme today, looks very interesting.
Dimmable, with three different options for that
850 or 940 nm ir
I saw a video of it paired with the Atn x sight 4K and it looked good to +500 plus yards

Anyone have experience with it?

Op, I realized I have kind of hijacked your thread, but it wouldn't let me delete my post now. Sorry about that !

Last edited:

I have a TR38 with 2,000 mw pill (850 nm) that works well on an ATN 4k Pro 3-14x. I have only tested it to about 160 yards, but within that distance it works very well.

I just now checked the website and see that there are newer lights available, more powerful. I got my light from the UK.

https://www.ludicrous-lumens.co.uk

I use a T20 from Amazon and have killed fox @ 240 yds, it is on a Wraith . I am shooting a 222 with 55 gr bullets @ just over 3000 fps. I zero @ 200 yds and can pretty much hold on fur as far as I can see and still hit.

Most people do not know how to use an IR light. They think it is a kid's flashlight.
Everyone is a salesman for those $250 lights and shoot 400 yards.
I use the ATN IR light that come in the box. Great picture at 150 yards.
I have EVOLVA IR light it was $65. Holds two 18650 batteries, nice light.
I can buy an adjustable mount for $20. I have a TR67.
I can plug a power supply into Lasts a long time.
They are all made in China. There is an English guy who names his a laser, It is just a light.
Strong IR light scare game.

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisWho can find a coyote they shot at 300-500 yards?

Can u say - OVERKILL!

I can. I just turn on the Reap-IR and walk in the direction of the kill while scanning the ground.

I use a Coyote Canon from Sniper Hog Lights with my Wraith and its good to 500+ yards.

I have a Sniper Hog IR with both the 66 and 50mm heads. I actually prefer the 50mm as it isn't so bulky, and not sure a 38mm wouldn't do about as well. Also have the Infinity T-20, and several others as well. My concern is what is located beyond what your light picks up at night on those long shots. That's part of the reason I went to thermal. I rarely have a need to shoot a coyote beyond 250 yds. and 95% of them will be at 100 or closer when calling, but at least I know if there is anything warm in the background.

I have 38mm, 50mm and 66mm heads for my TR illuminators. I find the 38mm to be all I really need. The only difference is the larger heads are able to focus tighter for longer ranges, but also it does not always fill the view through the eyepiece. Backing it off (wider) lessens distance but fills the view for an even look throughout.

It's been said by me and others before, the large bezel IR's emit a large signature.
I just bought a Sniper Hog 38 to replace my old SH 30. I don't think that it is any brighter, it is just larger with more glow. I like the 30mm better but it has been discontinued.
If you can compare, walk out 50 yards and look back at the visible glow from a small, like maybe 30mm, compared to a 50, 66, etc. That might help you decide. The idea with NV is to be discrete, you give a lot of that up with those cannon sized illuminators.

Back