2019 deer hunting results

Plant.One

as many of you know, my family has 140 acres on the pine river just sw of the mt.pleasant, mi area that among other things is the family deer camp. had a great year this year! this was a personal record for us of most bucks taken in a single season.

my brother got a decent 7pt during late end of bow season and we took 8 bucks and a doe on opening weekend of firearm season - 4 bucks and the doe fell to 450 bushy's, my 6 pointer included.

my dad took an 8 and a 6 with his 30-06, my one cousin got a 7 and a one horn spike (160 yds) he though was a doe(barely 3½ horn) with my 450 upper (i switched to my 6.5 grendel after opening morning), our friend took a 5 pt and a doe with his suppressed 450, i got my 6 as mentioned opening morning with my 450, friend got a 4pt (his first buck, 12g) and my cousin took a 3pt at about 225 yds with his 7mm mag.

my 6pt started out the year as at least an 8, but had broken antlers on both sides right after the G3 due to fighting during this years rut. based on the condition of the antlers he broke them at different times, likely several weeks apart. neither break was fresh and newest was likely several weeks old at the very least.

we had one deer that got lost this year after tracking for several hundred yards. lung shot - we found several large lung chunks right before the blood stopped - and then gone. we suspect that the exit wound was plugged by the destroyed lung tissue.

all the 450 kills were taken with hornady black 250 ftx and were vital shots. 4 were double lung/liver and one was heart/lung. all bullets passed through as expected.

mine made it about 65 or so yards before he collapsed. he was at about 50 yds when i smacked him and he hunched up good when he took the hit.

one pretty much piled up on the spot and didnt make it more than a few feet, the other 3 traveled between 35-65 yds. pretty much textbook vitals kills.

pics will follow as we get them hosted and sorted out.

NCD4Bfa.jpg
g3EumhQ.jpg
Z6sMStf.jpg
JC8Jj6e.jpg
CKo5DYH.jpg
scCkjJL.jpg
gI3F2ZF.jpg

Finally got the pics hosted.

Mine is the one with the knife in his horns
smile.gif

made a change to my windows this year. added in some 50% perforated vinyl to act as a sunshade for the afternoon since i face due west. saw it on another forum, but the other person had fully done the windows. i find that with the vinyl over the full window i could either focus on the inside of the blind or outside far away.. however maybe its my glasses or just how far/close i am to the windows... if i'm focusing on one or the other and move... it switches on me and is a real eye strain issue.

so i opted to cover the upper half of the window... that 6" stripe makes a great sunshield and still allows me to see out while blocking half the visible area of the window for camouflage reasons. i'm very pleased with it.

d4fa9cbef81f048c7bd389ebd7dbb133.jpg

Another new addition was the solar powered light I hung from the ceiling. Plenty of light to pack up at the end of the day. The pic really doesnt do it justice

It's got a wireless remote but also has a pull cord that I mounted right by the door so it's easy to get on the way out.

Totally worth $28

Tomshine 3W Solar Powered Pendant Light https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CR11MQ5/

d3681e84a9fcd333845ac23621d8163e.jpg

479943398839667079880c05f940fbb0.jpg

Back