300 AAC Blackout Load - 200 gr projectile

dpollard

I won 500ct 200 grain .30 cal projectiles today in a contest I entered on Facebook. They are made by Accura outdoors and are a precision-bond copper plated projectile, spitzer point.

In referencing all 5 of my reloading manuals and the Accurate Powder website, I cannot find a load for these projectiles. I plan to use accurate 1680 powder.

Would any of you be willing to share published load data for this combination? I plan to shoot them suppressed, sub-sonic.

there really isnt going to be any published data for them. the manufacturer gives an OAL and says to use published jacketed data for starting loads. https://accuraoutdoors.com/faq/ https://accuraoutdoors.com/product/30-200-sp/

i use their 120gr as a lightweight subsonic plinker in my single shot. great little bullets if their 200gr is as consistent as their 120's.

the shortcut..... the manufacturer recommends a COAL of 2.210" and if you're gonna use 1680 11gr should be a safe starting load. it'll more than likely be supersonic, but get your chrono out and work up/down as needed to get an accurate load between 1000-1050 fps or so. somewhere between about 10 - 11.5 grains likely will be where you'll end up. much of that will depend on your peticular barrel, etc. but this is also why a chrono is critical for load developement, especially with subs.

rem 7.5, cci 400 or 450 or 41's should get the job done for primers among others (pick your SR primer of choice).

if you can find any - shooters world blackout (DO-63.2) or shooters world socom (DO-63.1) are great substitutes for 1680 and tend to burn MUCH cleaner in subsonic loads. Save ya a lot of bolt and trigger group scrubbing. Shooters world has data for both powders online with 200gr class bullets online or you can use 1680 data and reduce by a few tenths (its just a touch faster/denser than 1680)

i would recommend to assist in seating without shaving the plating that you should gently flare the case mouth, or using a VLD style chamfer tool at the very least. a light crimp with a lee FCD (1/4 turn from contact or so) will remove the flaring.

obviously test them for stability before you attach your can, follow standard safe reloading stuff by working in small steps, etc.

HTH!

Originally Posted By: Plant.Onethere really isnt going to be any published data for them. the manufacturer gives an OAL and says to use published jacketed data for starting loads. https://accuraoutdoors.com/faq/ https://accuraoutdoors.com/product/30-200-sp/

i use their 120gr as a lightweight subsonic plinker in my single shot. great little bullets if their 200gr is as consistent as their 120's.

the shortcut..... the manufacturer recommends a COAL of 2.210" and if you're gonna use 1680 11gr should be a safe starting load. it'll more than likely be supersonic, but get your chrono out and work up/down as needed to get an accurate load between 1000-1050 fps or so. somewhere between about 10 - 11.5 grains likely will be where you'll end up. much of that will depend on your peticular barrel, etc. but this is also why a chrono is critical for load developement, especially with subs.

rem 7.5, cci 400 or 450 or 41's should get the job done for primers among others (pick your SR primer of choice).

if you can find any - shooters world blackout (DO-63.2) or shooters world socom (DO-63.1) are great substitutes for 1680 and tend to burn MUCH cleaner in subsonic loads. Save ya a lot of bolt and trigger group scrubbing. Shooters world has data for both powders online with 200gr class bullets online or you can use 1680 data and reduce by a few tenths (its just a touch faster/denser than 1680)

i would recommend to assist in seating without shaving the plating that you should gently flare the case mouth, or using a VLD style chamfer tool at the very least. a light crimp with a lee FCD (1/4 turn from contact or so) will remove the flaring.

obviously test them for stability before you attach your can, follow standard safe reloading stuff by working in small steps, etc.

HTH!

Great info! Thank you for such a detailed response. I do typically use my chrono when working up loads so I’ll give this advice a try.

Back