Rem Model 7 Rifle Twist oopsy...

Burnsome...

Ever had a rifle that had a different twist rate as advertised?

A while back I ordered a Model 7 Predator Remington rifle in 223 which was advertised as being a 1x12 twist rate on the rifling. The other day I tried some 77gr ammo figuring it'd be keyholing the target at 50 or perhaps even 25 yards. Didnt happen - the ammo shot great (1 MOA) out to 100 yards.

Turns out its a 1x9 after checking with a tight bore patch and cleaning rod...1 turn of the rod in 9 inches

I wonder how common that is?

Not complaining about it, but am rather pleased its a faster twist rate as it opens up the available ammo it will shoot.

If I'd have known that the 7 pred in .223 was a 9 twist, I would have bought one instead of the 783 I got instead! I'd say that's a nice surprise for you...

I may be wrong but seems like when I got my M7 Predator in 223 there were mixed reports on if it was a 9 twist or 12 twist. To my understanding they made them with both, I think the earlier ones had the 12.

Early ones were 1 in 12. Later 1 in 9. Same situation with the original sps tactical in 223. Started with 1/12 later with 1/9.

Surprised the 1:9 will shoot 77s! My 700 with a shaw 1:9 doesn't like anything over 75 grain. It will shoot the Hor 75gr BTHPs fine but it will not shoot the 75 grain A-max. It loves 62-69 grain stuff though.

Back