Trigger Tech Triggers question??

pyscodog

Can the bolt release be removed from the Trigger Tech Special? I can order it with or without from two different places but the place that has the trigger without the bolt release is $50 higher than the trigger with the bolt release. Just trying to save a few bucks and don't need the bolt release. I called the place with the one with the bolt release and they can't tell me. I emailed Trigger Tech and waiting on a reply.

I just dropped a new TT in my Rem yesterday and was looking at that. The bolt release has a moon clip and a torx screw holding it in place. Moon clip should be easy but I couldnt see anything inside so I am not sure what the torx screw does. It was big enough it has so have some special function other than holding the bolt stop.

Last edited:
My friend put the TT Special in his Bergara but bought the one without the safety. I just hate spending $50 more just to buy a trigger without a safety if I can remove it. We both have emails and calls to several different companies but I guess the week-end is the reason for no answers. Maybe we will hear something on Monday.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: pyscodogMy friend put the TT Special in his Bergara but bought the one without the safety. I just hate spending $50 more just to buy a trigger without a safety if I can remove it. We both have emails and calls to several different companies but I guess the week-end is the reason for no answers. Maybe we will hear something on Monday.

Mine was the TT Special. Just got done breaking it in.
thumbup.gif
deffinately an awesome trigger. Keep us updated if they reply. I may be buying another gun off the old man and want to ditch its 30+ year old rem trigger. It doesnt need the bolt release either.

Talked with Trigger Tech today. Bolt release can be removed using a #8 torx for the screw and removing the e clip. Now I'm on the fence again. My trigger breaks just under 2lbs. The TT will only go to 1 1/2lbs. Is $150 worth a half pound???

Factory with a little creep. Pull weight isn't bad but the gritty creep bothers me. I was hoping as it broke in it might get better. Its not terrible now but could be better.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogBergara B14 HMR. Remington triggers will work in the Begara.

Gotcha. I've never shot a Bergara but I will deffinately be dropping another a TT Special in my next rifle. Zero creep, zero grit, and pull adjustments that work, unlike my old Xmark Pro ha.

walker trigger, re sprung for me

I have a lot of jewel triggers, rifle basic, and trigger tec.

Absolutely NOTHING wrong with Trigger Tec! Mine sets at 1 pound on a 223 Rem sporter that shoots 55's at 3475 fps into bug holes.

Last edited:
The problem with the Bergara rifles is they use a heavy firing pin spring and not all after market triggers will hold the sear engagement. Or at least thats what I was told. The Trigger Tech Special will go down to 1 1/2 pounds and hold the sear safely. A friend tried Timney, Rifle Basix and a Jewel and none would hold. Bergara claims the springs in the HMR and the HMR Pro are the same and they use Trigger Tech triggers in the Pro. My trigger has just a little creep but breaks just under two pounds. I can live with that for now.

I guess you need to call Bergara and ask them. It comes that way from the factory. (I do believe its the firing pin spring that is so heavy.) My friend called to see if he could get the same springs they use in the Pro series and they told him that they were the same. Bergara recommends not taking the trigger weight below 2 1/2 pounds. Why???

My trigger has three threaded holes, two in front and one in the rear of the trigger. There is one screw and an empty threaded hole in the front and an empty threaded hole in the rear. The only adjustment I have is trigger weight. I bought my rifle NIB so I don't know if it came that way or the screws fell out?????

Originally Posted By: ackleymanTimney, Basic, jewel will not hold, are you trying to fix an Edsel? Re spring, rock on. Many of my triggers are 4 oz to 16 oz...max!

Why in the heck does a guy need such strong springs, minimal are best for harmonics.

Watch your scope cross hair when you pull the trigger, does it move?

I think one has to have their eyes open when they pull the trigger to be able to answer that question, ackleyman.... You might never get an answer to your question from where its directed.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: pyscodogI guess you need to call Bergara and ask them. It comes that way from the factory. (I do believe its the firing pin spring that is so heavy.) My friend called to see if he could get the same springs they use in the Pro series and they told him that they were the same. Bergara recommends not taking the trigger weight below 2 1/2 pounds. Why???

Lawyers worried about some internet users.......

My trigger has three threaded holes, two in front and one in the rear of the trigger. There is one screw and an empty threaded hole in the front and an empty threaded hole in the rear. The only adjustment I have is trigger weight. I bought my rifle NIB so I don't know if it came that way or the screws fell out?????

LOL......!!

Again, as I posted on the "Tikka vs" thread........ "btw - The Bergara Owner's Manual has simple trigger adjustment instructions beginning on about Page 13 in the Owner Manual followed by a thorough discussion of how to know it is safe after adjustment titled "Testing A Trigger Setting For Safety". All Bergara rifles come from the factory set a hair over 3.5 lbs. Improving significantly on that is not rocket surgery or brain science and you still have a safe trigger."

You can easily see that pull weight is the only option for adjusting the Bergara factory trigger yourself, if you take time to read the manual.

I have mine set at slightly more than 2.5 pounds on my two Bergara rifles and a couple of other Bergara rifles that I'm familiar with are all set about the same. For factory triggers they all work extremely well with no creep, and as good as other rifles I own with Timney, etc. triggers installed and set in that same pull weight range. Keep in mind that you're buying a very nice rifle with a price tag just a tiche over $700 (where I live) so its hard to expect perfection on every rifle. They are a factory mass-produced rifle.

Just because some of their rifle models looks like a sniper rifle doesn't mean that they are tuned to be that as they come out of the factory box. The trigger design is meant for a hunting type of rifle to be used in all conditions including cold conditions where an extremely light trigger pull weight is an accident waiting to happen. Both Timnney and Trigger Tech triggers have been used by others to replace the Bergara trigger if they want a ~$700 "bench gun".

Just my opinion, but...... If there are any loose or missing screws involved here, they are not involved with the Begraga trigger design as it comes out of the factory box.

Last edited:
Once again WInny. You never fail to let me down with all your wealth of information. Maybe YOU should read the manual. There is no other adjustments other than trigger pull. Anytime you want to match shooting skills, I'm open for the challenge. Running your mouth challenge.....your the clear winner there.

Last edited:
Back