ATN X-SIGHT 4K PRO 5-20X

Anybody tried the small hole in the lense cover on the front? Watched a you tube video,it really makes a difference

I own 2 rt photons and an atn 4k pro 3x14 .. I have 3 sniper hog lights all in 850nm .. 2 are 66lrx and 1 is the coyote cannon ..
I cant answer wifi blue tooth picture video or any of the other option questions about the 4k pro 3x14 or photon rt scopes .. In the 2 years that i have owned the atn 4k and the photon scopes other than the basics I have never attempted to use any of the extras that come with the scopes ..
I bought the atn for what i consider to be better eye relief (3 inch) , fov. (46 feet at 100 yrds) and battery life (14+ hrs) compared to the photon rt eye relief (2 inch) fov. (21 feet at 100 yrds) and battery life (4 hrs) .. I prefer to hunt with the atn over the photon because of these 3 things .. Regardless of which scope i use when i get to the hunting area i turn on the scope , put it in night mode , turn on the ir light and start hunting .. Under these conditions all the scopes work perfectly .. Keeping it simple works best for me ! ..
Last night i had a 66lrx (850nm 1350mw) top mounted and the coyote cannon (850nm 3700mw) side mounted on a 6x12x50s rt photon with the center punch out removed from the lens cap .. I alternated use of the lights and watched a deer grazing at 600+ yards .. I could plainly see a house and barns at 1000+ yards with either light .. The photons ability is maxed out with the 66lrx light .. When comparing the 66lrx light to the coyote cannon there is almost no difference in distance and clarity the lights provide for the photon scope ..
When i use the 66lrx light on the atn 4k scope 300 to 400 hundred yards is max distance to see a coyote to deer size animal .. Its difficult to make out a house and barns at 600 yards .. When i switch to the coyote cannon light i can see coyote to deer size animals at 500 to 600 yards and see house and barns at 1000 yards plus the light is much brighter .. With the coyote cannon light the atn's distance and clarity is almost as good as the photon rt with a 66lrx light ..
On the atn 4k scope I use a lens cover with a 1 inch hole in it .. Compared to no lens cover having a cover with a 1 inch hole adds distance (200 to 400 yrds) and clarity to the picture ..
A plastic lid off of a spray paint can fits the atn scope perfectly .. its easy to drill plus cheap/easy to replace if needed .. A Butler Creek number 48 lens cap fits the front of the atn 4k pro scope but costs 12+ dollars when you loose it or screw it up trying to drill it ! ..
I realize the information i have provided is limited but i hope it helps ..

Good account of the two scopes, Bob. Appreciate hearing your experience with that. I would be almost willing to take a look at the Photon RT, but the eye relief deal kind-of keeps me from it. So the resolution is better with the RT than the 4k?

I watched some youtube vids. One guy definitely think the Photon RT is better than the Wraith. If the Photon RT had a built in mount and better battery life, I'd buy another. I had a heck of a time getting a Photon XT to zero, and the battery life was terrible. It looks like with the Photon RT you can at least buy a 2nd battery cassette. I do not own the Photon XT or the ATN 4K Pro 3-12 any more.

How do you disable all the fancy stuff?i can’t find how in the instructions?
I just want to use it normal,night vision,video record,take pictures

Jose, use the center button to go into the menu, then scroll to “Advanced Shortcut.” Open that up and you will see the items that you can disable. Scroll left and you will see Ballistic Calculator, WiFi, Recoil Activated Video and such. Once you have each of those highlighted you can press the center button to put a diagnal line over the icon which will disable it.

cmatura, do you currently have the RT model? I have an XT 6.5x that required a 20 MOA picatinny rail to keep the crosshairs relatively centered on a bolt rifle. Isee you no longer have the 4k. Did you not like it? If you don’t mind, tell more about the RT.

6mmo6..
To answer your question .. Yes the photon rt has better clarity and distance than the atn 4k pro .. Enough that you can see the difference but theres not a lot of difference ..
As far as the 2 inch eye relief the photon has , if you are shooting something with light recoil there would not be much of a problem .. I shoot 30-06 and not planning to spend the money on another rifle .. The photon's eye relief is short enough and the 30-06 has enough recoil the scope bumps me but not real hard .. I wear safety glasses when i shoot it and let the scope bump the glasses .. Its really not that big of a deal .. The atn 4k with the 3 inch eye relief is also on a 30-06 and it has never bumped me from recoil ..

I tried the RAV feature on a hog hunt using a 6x45 AR and the older X-Sight 2, and it didn’t record. Maybe not enough recoil? Now I don’t risk it and do recording manually, which is very easy with a right-top button push.

What 6mm said. I had the same experience, however, I got a notification that a new SW upgrade is available that supposidly has a way to adjust the RAV feature. Havent tried it yet.

I used to have a 66lrx on my 4k pro .. I switched to a coyote cannon .. With the correct sized rings you could mount about any light on the 4k scope ..

Back