204 cycling issue

1lessdog

I have put many AR's together. I put a 204 upper together about 3 months ago and it shot so good thought I would build another. They are both the same. Wilson Barrels 18 inch with rifle length tube. Odin adjustable gas blocks. Yankee bolt and carrier. I shoot 32 gr Blitzkings in the first one and works great. The new one I cannot get it to cycle. I normally put one round in mag and shot and adjust block till bolt stays open. I cannot get it to stay even throw empty out. I tryed 40 gr and even went and bought a box of factory. I switched out lowers and nothing. Im thinking the gas port is to small. I measure the distance on barrel and gas port and I'm within .002 ot .003.

Im stumped on what to do.

Originally Posted By: GLShooterTry the other bcg first.

Greg

I did try the other bolt. Both work fine in my old one. Neither work in new one.

Originally Posted By: varminter .223I would assume that the gas tube fits tight in the gas block? I've had issues with that before and it did the same thing as you're describing

I took block and tube off old one and out on new one. It didnt help. Both block and tube work on new one.

When you say is the hole in the right spot do you mean is the hole lining up on the gas block with the hole in the barrel? My cousin has an ar we ended up drilling the barrel we put a wood dowel in so not to hit the other side when you get through. Then it started feeding good. Before it would only run right when we would screw my surpressor on he didn’t have one.

Originally Posted By: zr600When you say is the hole in the right spot do you mean is the hole lining up on the gas block with the hole in the barrel? My cousin has an ar we ended up drilling the barrel we put a wood dowel in so not to hit the other side when you get through. Then it started feeding good. Before it would only run right when we would screw my surpressor on he didn’t have one.

I wonder how common that is? It seems that every AR I have has been over gassed.

Back