CZ 527 action screws

Forest Ghost

I wanna switch to Allen heads but I’ve only found em on J&P for $25 plus $8 for shipping. Anyone know where they can be bought for a reasonable cost? Saw in 2009 a guy was doing em for $4 shipped.

I got mine from a guy in Ohio (I think) named Kenny. He used to make them up cheap for guys at Saubier dot com years ago. Haven't heard of him for many years now. The only place I have seen them recently is jp.

I have a set of Kenny's screws on my FB......I wish I would have bought a few extra sets.
I'm hating the slotted screws on my new carbine.

Anyone have contact info for him? And what I was reading on another forum said it’s a custom thread CZ has made up but there is a thread that’ll fit. Can’t remember the exact term used. But I’m considering seeing if my machinist buddy can whip a few up. If not I may just see about cutting the head off and replacing with a allen head. If the weld holds it’d be an easy fix. Hate that CZ put slotted heads on and then fitted them to a stock with an aluminum block that suggests 65lbs. I can get 35 before the screwdriver wants to jump. 35 is my golden number on my other rifles though. 1 likes 45.

I bought a set of the ridiculously priced action screws from J&P and they are such a rip-off. First they charge you a stupid amount on shipping for this tiny little bag with two screws and a hex wrench but then the hex wrench wasn't even the correct size. Also, the rear bolt was a tad to long and I had to grind a little off or it would hit the bolt.

Nobody forced me to purchase from them so I don't blame anyone except myself but not only do they grossly over charge for this item but their attitude stinks too. I'll never spend another $$ with them again.

Hate that CZ put slotted heads on and then fitted them to a stock with an aluminum block that suggests 65lbs. I can get 35 before the screwdriver wants to jump. 35 is my golden number on my other rifles though. 1 likes 45.

You do know that is inch pounds, not foot pounds?

Last edited:
Haha yeah I’ve got a couple fat wrenches to use. Thought the first one was off but I was wrong.

Heard a few things about the screws not always being correct too...

Originally Posted By: pyscodog Hate that CZ put slotted heads on and then fitted them to a stock with an aluminum block that suggests 65lbs. I can get 35 before the screwdriver wants to jump. 35 is my golden number on my other rifles though. 1 likes 45.

You do know that is inch pounds, not foot pounds?

Another reason that I like CZ rifles. 65 inch pounds would bend the actions on most rifles.

smile.gif

Any rifle fitted to an aluminum block used to be recommended 65lbs but now they’re starting to have different ideas due to binding the actions of some. But a properly bedded action wouldn’t have an issue regardless of brand.

Haha I actually didn’t. Thought you were seriously trying to say that. I’ve been surprised by quite a few comments on here...

As for the screws I had my brother see what he could get for a reasonable price, engineer, he found bolts that’ll work but cost 11 bucks each and I’d have to cut em to fit. Those were his high quality ones but he said cheaper ones off Fastenal should work just the same.

Oh, they’re M5’s so yeah, if regular old bolts can be used that and your bolts length is all that’s needed.

Originally Posted By: Forest Ghost
Oh, they’re M5’s so yeah, if regular old bolts can be used that and your bolts length is all that’s needed.

lol. i didnt think cz would use some kind of proprietary thread for the bolts.

lowes probably has them. might need to cut for exact length, but any monkey should be able to handle that.

Originally Posted By: Forest GhostHaha I actually didn’t. Thought you were seriously trying to say that. I’ve been surprised by quite a few comments on here...

LOL.....Understood....I have a weird sense of humor.

The internet really needs a sarcasm emoji....
smile.gif

I bet McMaster-Carr has some that will work. Besides being an M5 though, you will also need to know thread pitch and bolt length. But that is the first place I would look.

M5x.08 or that common one is what it was I used a 35mm and a 40mm long and just touched em on a 220 grit belt till they were just a perfect fit. The 35mm actually required a little saw work first.

Results- torqued to 50 in-lbs in my new B&C varmint target stock and on the range I had rounds touching at 200 yards using a 55gr Sierra blitzking. Guess I’m done tinkering on this project and it’s time to move on to killing coyotes once again!

I too went to JP Products and when I saw the price for two screws I went WHOA. I went online and found screws that are almost perfect. They are only oxidized black and can rust but I got 25 front and 25 rear screws that may have to be ground or filed a little shorter for the total of only $21.29 delivered to my house. They are class 8.8 and have a tensil strength of 110,000 psi. And if I screw one of them up or one becomes rusty, I have 24 more of each to play with.

McMaster-Carr https://www.mcmaster.com/screws
Metric Low profile socket head screws
Item # 93070A131 M5 x 0.8 mm 30mm long (for front action screw)
Item # 93070A133 M5 x 0.8 mm 40mm long (for rear action screw)
You will need a 3mm hex drive bit. I had to order one as there were none to be found around here.

Thread Size M5
Thread Pitch 0.8 mm
Length 30mm & 40mm
Threading Partially
Threaded Min.
Thread Length 16mm
Thread Spacing Coarse
HeadDiameter 8.5mm
Height 3.5mm
Drive Size 3 mm
Material Black-Oxide Alloy Steel
Hardness Rockwell C20