Cougar Calling this year

Originally Posted By: SlagiattHope to have another one for your page after deer season.

Hope you find your main frame 5 this year, Slag! I haven't been to Davis all year... too busy! Got 4 kids in Sports!

You just need to convince them that predator hunting is a better sport than football etc. Then between you and the 4 kids you could be over at your place in 113 stacking up 10 bears. A full dozen if you got an old lady that hunts.

Originally Posted By: SlagiattHope to have another one for your page after deer season.

What area are you hunting? I'll be trying my luck north of Spokane.

Mostly 121 and 101. After jan 1st, any open unit in the northeast, options are usually limited, as quotas are ridiculously low.

Originally Posted By: SlagiattMostly 121 and 101. After jan 1st, any open unit in the northeast, options are usually limited, as quotas are ridiculously low.

That's the truth...

I'll be hitting 117 pretty hard.

Originally Posted By: johralOriginally Posted By: SlagiattMostly 121 and 101. After jan 1st, any open unit in the northeast, options are usually limited, as quotas are ridiculously low.

That's the truth...

My camp spot is in 117. Haven't been there all year. Going to eventually set up a spot guys can use, kind of a hunting/fishing vrbo!

Originally Posted By: rainshadow1Originally Posted By: johralOriginally Posted By: SlagiattMostly 121 and 101. After jan 1st, any open unit in the northeast, options are usually limited, as quotas are ridiculously low.

That's the truth...

My camp spot is in 117. Haven't been there all year. Going to eventually set up a spot guys can use, kind of a hunting/fishing vrbo!

Nice
thumbup.gif

Just to throw it out there ill be hitting the hills for cougar as soon as im done deer hunting. Hopefully my buck im after is more cooperative this year and im not hunting all the way through dec 15th again. But when i do move on to calling cats, if anybody wants to team up in the ne corner, holler at me. I havd some great areas and i like to use hand calls, so having a second person sitting up above me about a hundred yards away really increases the odds of actually taking out a cat that comes in instead of my just getting busted.

This has kinda turned into my Call-in Story Page update thread here at PM, so I'm going to update the updating here...

I'm going to start collecting OTHER Cougar/Mt Lion Hunting stories and posting them on this page. Any hunting technique, aside from dogs.

It'll be a bonus section... the website is still all about calling them in, but I wanted to add this section.

Have you EVER legally killed (or tried to legally kill) a Cougar without the aid of hound dogs?

I want your story!

It's about hunting the American Lion, without Hounds.

So I wanted to add it.

If you've ever gone out to hunt a Mt Lion, and Spot/Stalked, or Tracked, or any other form of hunting... I want your encounter stories!!!

Even if you were hunting other animals, but had that tag in your pocket "just in case" I want to post your stories on my page!

I know there's plenty of stories out there, I want to start compiling them! Hit me up!

Hey guys! Cyber Monday post for a GIFT to my former customers, especially you long timers!

Look at your call sequences files... If you DON'T have "Live Whistles S", I'd like to give it to you for Christmas. I think you should have it.

It's Live Whistles, but it's slowed down to a calm communicative pace. Live Whistles was a real life sequence, in real time, but it was a whining, excited, begging teenager. A little overexcited about seeing his trainers. I think slowing it down makes more sense in the field.

So if you're a former customer, email me a pic of your file list or the cd or something to prove it, and I'll email you a link to download "Live Whistles S".

Merry Christmas!

Yeah, I’m really happy to see that call bring in a lion! But I am pretty sure it had more to do with the guy using it... he is a heck of a hunter! The call looks even better next to that beautiful knife!

Brian

I wish i would have had the sense to move my backpack out of the background of that last picture. My brain wasnt operating at full capacity by that point.

Back