Foxpro Shockwave Battery

MOhunter90

When I turn my Foxpro Shockwave on the battery indicator shows full, but drops quickly and the call shuts off after about 30 seconds.
It’s been on/running for about two hours total of its almost three year life (I prefer hand calls).
Is it normal to drain batteries that fast?
Do the Foxpro brand batteries, either the lithium pack or rechargeable AAs, give any advantage?

Nice
AA.jpg

Nice??? WTH. I have the foxpro rechargeable I've had them for several years and last season they worked fine in my shockwave I have not used them yet this season. I'm not sure what batteries your using sounds like reg AA. I would just call Foxpro and run it by them. Grizz

It sounds to me like your batteries are bad, maybe old and mostly discharged? It only takes 1 bad battery for the call not to work. Try 10 new batteries and see if that solves the problem.

If you're not using rechargeable batteries do yourself a financial favor and get some. Using regular AA's gets expensive real fast. I know guys who use the Foxpro brand, I have been using the Panasonic/Sanyo Eneloops, some of them are 5 years old now and I have not had 1 go bad yet.

Electronic callers are high drain devices and need good quality batteries to operate at their full potential.

With that being said regular Duracell type batteries are not good to use. They will shut down very quickly as the output isn't strong enough for the caller to run outside of being brand new.

Lithium Ion batteries are the BEST and only type I would recommend using in any type of high drain device.

If you cant afford a nice Li-ion pack then buy a nice set of 10 Li-ion rechargeable AA's with a charger. $25

The reason Li-ion is better is the way they drain compared to regular batteries.

Li-ion batteries run at peak power until the last minute of charge. Meaning the caller can use the pack its entire charge life.

Regular batteries lose power as they lose charge. Once they reach a certain point the caller shuts itself down for lack of power ever though the batteries will still be good to use in a TV remote.

Hope that makes a bit of sense.

I suspect these guys are right. I've only used alkaline batteries in mine a few times, but it drains them pretty quick. I got the lithium battery pack and can call for two to three days without a recharge. I hate to recommend spending more money on an already pretty expensive caller, but I'm a big fan of this battery pack in my Shockwave.

Ok, so tonight I ran my CS24C until the batteries died. As I said previously, I use Panasonic Eneloop rechargeable's.
I checked them on my smart charger and they were pretty much all in the 1.24-1.25V range and the call would not function at this voltage. They normally charge up to 1.46-1.47V when full.
I looked at some conventional Duracell AA's and they state that they are 1.5V. That is a new fully charged battery. I am not a battery expert but it seems to me that there is not a lot of usable life between 1.5V and 1.25V, So based on this I will say that unless you know for sure that your conventional batteries are fresh I would not fault the call for not working, I would look at the batteries as the problem.

Originally Posted By: johnrr65Nice
AA.jpg

you have 10 posts. half of them are one word. "nice"... the other half are simply "+1"

are you capable of putting a sentence together?

Back