PRG TS50 micro thermal scope

I was sent a PRG (now called AGM) micro when they first released for testing. It was OK. They are very compact. However, very soon Night Goggles will begin to carry the Hogster-R 35mm and 25mm scopes. They utilize the same core as the PRG, and a compact design but that is where the similarities end. I prefer the build quality and ease of use better on the Hogster. In addition, the Hogster-R has many advantages:

1) Built, Assembled and Serviced in the US
2) More Affordable
3) Better Build Quality
4) Better QD base. The base on the Micro is very poor, and most dealers will want you to spend additional $ on a better base.

There isn't a Hogster-R 50, but Bering Optics has the Beast-R for anyone looking for a 50m option. I tested the TS35 micro and now own the Hogster-R 35mm, so a true apples-apples comparison. There wasn't anything about the Micro that I liked better than the Hogster-R. As you eluded, I have been told the PRG/AGM thermals are built overseas or as I was told they come from a Chinese OEM/ODM. More information on the Hogster-R should be available on Predator Masters soon.

Back