Skunks and coyotes.

I've trapped for several years. If you catch a possum, pull the trap, you'll never catch anything but another possum. Catch a skunk, remake your set, cause there's probably gonna be something good in it the next morning. There's a reason most K9 lures are based on skunk essence

Pulled up an old thread to just add a little more info. It has been extremely slow this whole summer (2023) at my coyote bait site. There has been one on the farm periodically but will not go to the bait. One night recently this coyote was downwind 35-40 yards of the bait and would not go to it. Makes me think it may be one of two females that got away after I shot the males last year and the year before.

Anyway, night before last I shot a skunk and just left it lying where it fell. The very next night (last night) two coyotes appeared at the bait. One rolled on the skunk carcass and they drug the skunk up the hill a ways. Makes me think more and more that skunk is a good attractant. Haven’t had a coyote on the bait for over two months, but after the skunk kill I had two the following night.

Back