Sightmark Wraith: Coyote Montage

Kirsch

With the night hunting season on the horizon, I will be switching my guns over to thermal. I gave the Sightmark Wraith a good test the last 2 months and put together a Coyote Montage of some of the kills. I hope you enjoy.

Originally Posted By: SoftpointAre you skinning all those coyotes? Nice shooting! Thanks.

I don't personally skin any coyotes. I have a fur buyer who buys them from me in the carcass. For people who do it themselves, I have a ton of respect. From my perspective, it isn't worth my time as I would rather be hunting. All of the coyotes in these videos plus ones I didn't capture on video are in freezers currently and will be taken to my fur buyer as soon as I run out of freezer space. The coyotes furred up a little earlier than normal. They won't all bring top-dollar as some were mid-late September coyotes but still will be worth some money.

Night hunting is not legal in my state until after deer season closes. I have such a short window to hunt coyotes with thermal, so the Wraith won't see any nighttime action. Although the reason I purchased the Wraith was for daytime video footage, I was asked about the Wraith's night performance a lot. Due to this, I did some non-hunting tests of the Wraith shown in the video below.

Originally Posted By: crazyyoteGot it, it looks pretty darn nice at that price point in your link. I asked because I have a buddy who's looking for a unit. One thing to keep in mind is all digital night vision devices require a lot of IR (focused) in comparison to Gen 2-3 night vision. The stock IR on the Wraith is actually pretty decent and can reach to about 150 yards consistently. If a person needs more, they would need to purchase one of the various high output IR light option which is outside my area of expertise.

Bottom line is you get a lot of features for a fairly affordable price with the Wraith. The fact that it can be used both day and night is a huge bonus.

Originally Posted By: old catcrazyyote If you want to know what IR works best contact me.

All inquiring minds would like to know sir

I have 4 or 5 different ones the Infinity sold by hightechredneck works the best. Prpbably get 300 yards or more in open meadow. Have killed some 180 yards at night. I am like Kirsch. This does not take the place of my thermal, but it is very, very nice for 500 dollars.

Last edited:
Back