Looking at bearcreek question upper

skindaddy

I am looking at the 450 Bushmaster uppers I want the 18" the only diff I see in the two they have in that length is the gas block size one is . 750 and the other is .936.
I have no idea the diff. This is my first build been half Done for a year now so I don't know all the ins and outs.

Also considered the 350 legend only diff I see in them is Side Charge , rear charge and ambi charge.
Guess not sure I've seen side charge before
Any help is great thanks guys

ok lets see if I can help, a .750 or .75 gas block basically means it has got a 3/4'' hole in it or .75'' to fit .750 diameter barrel (at the gas block journal) and a .936 gas block has almost a 1'' hole or .936th of an inch in it to fit usually what is called a bull barrel. the bull barrel is going to be way heavier but possibly more accurate.

bear creek gets hit and miss reviews as far as accuracy goes. some have been very accurate and others have said they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. also, they use to go by another name and did not have a good rep.

as far as side charger goes I have one of theirs and love it. but it was a custom build I did just using their upper and bolt combo with a green mountain barrel for a 7.62x39 pistol build I did. it kind of makes the AR like a bolt action if you will. the only drawback is when it comes time to clean it you have to use an allen wrench to remove the handle to get the bolt out. every time you put it back together you better put a dap of blue Loctite on the threads or it will vibrate out (or could) and if you are not paying attention your charging handle is lost if you're roaming around in the woods.

DbtpMUx.jpg

JC5iYwS.jpg

Last edited:
Ok that makes alot more sense thank you.
I wasn't sure of there quality as they seem cheap money wise compared to others but I would like a complete upper I don't really see many choices. Side charge makes sense too

you are welcome, I have heard that they may replace the barrel if you get a real dud. or you could re-barrel it cheap enough if you had too.

have you looked at palmetto state armory? they don't have a 450 bushmaster upper yet but do have the 350 legend. they have a better rep and great customer service. they do sell complete 450 rifles so maybe contact them and ask? but if you want side charging that does not cost an arm & a leg beer creek is about the only option.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/ar-15/barreled-upper-assemblies.html?caliber_multi=3005

Last edited:
Bear creek guarantees a 1 MOA barrel at a modest price. The ones I have seen shot into 1 MOA and were melanite coated.

I find it hard to believe that such a cheap barrel could be that accurate but hey with modern manufacturing who knows. but hopefully, they changed their customer service but I doubt it. I placed my order but a part I wanted was out of stock. the next morning I got an email stating it was back in stock (kind of odd but ok) I called and tried to change my order. the gal was rude and said once placed there was no changing it and my only option was to refuse it when it showed up. well, guess what they charge a restocking fee for returned items. I got the part somewhere else. and my order did not ship for three more days.

Search the net

https://www.bbb.org/us/nc/sanford/profil...9494/complaints

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/What-is-the-general-opinion-of-Bear-Creek-Arsenal-/5-2056980/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Bear-Creek-Arsenal-7-62X39-upper/121-718119/

and that's just a few.

Last edited:
Ok I get it you get what you pay for although some of these charge way to much, I see your point and agree.
Just want to get a [beeep] upper to finish this build that started two yrs ago, just been a money thing this last year is all.
So surprised don't see more 450 bushmasters though seems to be enough states using it for deer

Originally Posted By: lone gunmanjust found this when doing some looking around, pretty funny

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/02/ice-detains-30-people-after-raids-on-bear-creek-arsenal/

if you dig a little deeper than the headline...

Quote:The morning raid was of the result of an ongoing investigation by investigation by ICE agents into identity theft and fraud. According to The Lee County Sheriff's Office, the was raid was not the result of an immigration enforcement action.

Quote:Bear Creek issued the following statement:

Today there were several employees who were detained by law enforcement. This is the result of an investigation conducted by Homeland Security into employment that was obtained by either ID theft or fraudulent information.

According to the company of 250 employees, they complied with all laws, rules, and regulations when hiring all their employees. They said that DHS confirmed that they did not break any employment laws.

i dunno if i'd call it funny - more of unfortunate. sounds like bear creek got taken advantage of by a bunch of illegals with stolen SSN's... something that could pass the I9/E-verify process and allow them to be put on payroll.

There were more than a few "raids" like this that happened all over the US in 2019. All they had to do was some database searching for SSN's on active payroll in multiple locations and do a little homework... and boom... now the media has a "raid" story to bash the administration with for picking on lowly illegals just trying to make a "honest" living.

Any business could end up in the same scenario and i'm sure if there was more to it than that we'd have heard about it and BCA would be a done deal. AFAIK - they make barrels and uppers for midway under the AR-Stoner private label... so if there was some there there... i'm sure midway would have dropped them like a bad habit - if for no other reason than to prevent the anti-gun community from having a field day about a major firearms and accessory business using illegal labor to profit. you know because "dirty capitalists" or whatever nonsense label they wanted to apply.

YMMV.

Originally Posted By: skindaddyI am looking at the 450 Bushmaster uppers I want the 18" the only diff I see in the two they have in that length is the gas block size one is . 750 and the other is .936.
I have no idea the diff. This is my first build been half Done for a year now so I don't know all the ins and outs.

Also considered the 350 legend only diff I see in them is Side Charge , rear charge and ambi charge.
Guess not sure I've seen side charge before
Any help is great thanks guys

my buddy has one of the 18" 450 uppers and it shoots as good or better than my 20" bushmaster upper does.

have been looking at one of the legends myself, but i'll probably wait till after the holiday before i pickup a new one. ive been interested in the caliber since it was announced as i was and have been looking at the 357 max-ar-rimless for some time before they launched the legend.

still have my grendel upper i need to get some deer blood on this season, so another upper can wait a bit i suppose :p

i do have one of their side chargers and i love it. personally if i get another i would get an ambi and remove the right side charging handle as that configuration allows easier target shooting with a brass catcher in play, but when i got mine they didnt have ambi's that werent also a rear charger like they do now. I've got an older LAR grizzly OPS-4 side-charger thats left hand charge, right hand eject that i absolutely love the configuration of.

My bear Creek 7.62 x 39 upper is very accurate and has NEVER had a malfunction. It is now my go to wolf rig. My next door neighbor and hunting partner bought one of their 458 socom uppers this summer and it is not only a powerhouse but it is also quite accurate.

I got one of their 24" 6.5grendel uppers last christmas. I love it. Easily shoots 1 moa with factory ammo. Haven't had time to work up any handloads for it, but I have no doubt it will shoot better with my handloads.

I have had absolutely ZERO issues with mine through the first couple hundred rounds of factory ammo.

Back