What happened to Predator Masters???

I do understand that some newer forum software programs allows copying a photo location from your computer without using a hosting site, but I've never seen posting a picture here as being a problem.[/quote]

Me either, but I agree it would be easier if we could just upload direct.

Originally Posted By: Stu Farishwhen people say difficult, they mean that it lacks the ease of better site software.

yea, you can use IMG tags. You can easily copy & paste the link from photobucket, flickr and other host sites.

but you can't simply copy & paste an image from somewhere else. you can't do a simple upload or attach image from your desktop, phone or tablet. there is no drag & drop for it.

it's generally not a big deal on a desktop PC, though it could be a lot easier, but on a phone it's just too much work

What I bolded in your reply was what I tried to say in the last sentence of my post.

I'm jumping in here late I know. I can't even remember how I found this place but it was 9 years ago or so. The amount of stuff I've learned here is immeasurable, both from asking and from just reading. I thought I was a fairly accomplished self-taught shooter and reloader at the time, having been reloading for 20 years or so. But the last 9, the information here has taken everything to a different level.

Yes there are people that post to hear themselves talk, mostly just wanting to have a conversation I think. The same people that would have stood at a gun counter for hours in the past. There are true experts that have gained vast amounts of quality experience that few of us have the opportunity to attain for whatever reason that might be. And there are a lot of people in between, like me, who will never be "accomplished" shooters or hunters, but do take it seriously enough to want to continue to learn and grow in whatever capacity is possible for their situation.

Of course there are those with little knowledge, who want to come off as experts. That's not an internet thing, that's just how some people are. I learned how to weed them out long ago and don't pay them much mind.

I always had an interest in coyote calling, but never really knew anyone that did it much, and probably would have given up long ago if not for this site. To some that's probably a good thing, means a few more coyotes for them lol. I for one like the stories from newbies getting their first few critters and the excitement that brings. I also marvel at the success some of our accomplished hunters have and love to learn from them.

So I for one hope it doesn't die, upgraded or not.

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: BOBTAILSMan o man PM has changed in my time...... so sad. I remember how it used to be.

Yep,
sure was fun, wasn’t it??

Yes it used to be

Originally Posted By: DAAPut it this way. A facelift won't even move my meter, as far as being willing to contribute quality content. I'm DONE with that. And I'm far from alone. But it would spike activity with the newer crowd. Which, if the place just wants to survive and even make a few bucks, is enough.

- DAA

I think Dave is spot on here. I have thought this place has been been going down for years. I used to love coming on PM reading about people's hunts, checking out their new rifles, looking at pics of dead stuff,......[beeep], I removed the website from my favorites a few years ago. In past years, you could check the forums once every few months and catch up. It used to be you could think of someone on here that could help with whatever problem or question you had going on and now, you best not even waste your time. At this time, I would say starting over and hoping you could keep the members you currently have is a best case scenario; going back to what it used to be is a pipe dream!

I'd become a patron member if it helped the site with a donation for a mobile page and easier non third party picture uploads. I haven't been here long but there's lots on good info.

Originally Posted By: GRIZZLYONEWow! just stumbled across the 'Killing Coyotes Between Trout Bites' post. There's your answer Bang Flop. Grizz

had to look that thread up. wonder what ever became of that emp guy. wonder if gc got an invite to the kirk/emp wedding.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: GRIZZLYONEWow! just stumbled across the 'Killing Coyotes Between Trout Bites' post. There's your answer Bang Flop. Grizz

had to look that thread up. wonder what ever became of that emp guy. wonder if gc got an invite to the kirk/emp wedding.

LOL, almost forgot about him. He didn't stick around very long.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogOriginally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: GRIZZLYONEWow! just stumbled across the 'Killing Coyotes Between Trout Bites' post. There's your answer Bang Flop. Grizz

emp, woodguru, that guy from Oklahoma the was supposedly a *gunsmith* are in my top 5 favorites to travel through this site. all peaches indeed.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: pyscodogOriginally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: GRIZZLYONEWow! just stumbled across the 'Killing Coyotes Between Trout Bites' post. There's your answer Bang Flop. Grizz

emp, woodguru, that guy from Oklahoma the was supposedly a *gunsmith* are in my top 5 favorites to travel through this site. all peaches indeed.

Was the Oklahoma gunsmith the "F-Class" long range shotgun shooter? I remember some here went "Wow!!" and jumped on board with his story and ate it up like a hungry vulture on a junebug....
laugh.gif

Maybe people get tired of taking the time to write something up only to have no one make a comment. Or maybe that's just me.

Almost all websites are like this now due to other real time social media, Face Book etc. A lot of us are also wary to post due to who may be paying attention.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GMAN_RAlmost all websites are like this now due to other real time social media, Face Book etc. A lot of us are also wary to post due to who may be paying attention.

Not all of them. Some are still going strong.

It would be nice if PM was more cell phone friendly. Maybe like a mobile site, I visit forums exclusively on my smart phone and PM seems to be the hardest to read for some reason.

This is one of my favorite places to stop and read. I like to putz with and build guns (AR15's) and I get ideas from here. I rarely chat because I have been out of active hunting for years. That doesn't mean I don't want to read about someone else's success.

I did ask about building a 6.8 on the AR forum and I got several answers. You know what they say: Remain silent and be thought a fool. Speak and remove all doubt. I don't need to talk a lot to learn a lot just by sharing someone else's success.

kwg

I quit coyote hunting in college. Just didnt have the time or money. But I did keep lurking and loved the reloading section here. So easy and fast to find basic no frills information and help.

I did end up connecting with a few members on facebook that I used to stay in contact with here in the forums. They all said they got drove out by the new wave of key board commandos that knew it all.

Here I am now trying to get back into predator hunting and trying to find a decent resource again. Facebook groups are a joke.

Originally Posted By: the noobie

I did end up connecting with a few members on facebook that I used to stay in contact with here in the forums. They all said they got drove out by the new wave of key board commandos that knew it all.

I think this has happened to more than a few.

Back