Tactical Night Vision

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3216612 - 10/29/19 02:02 PM Re: Dusk or Dawn [Re: jcs271]
257 W Offline

Loc: Ks.
I live in a rural area and when someone tells me they saw a coyote I always ask where and what time. 90% of the responses are between 8am and noon and right at dark. I hunt whenever I can. but like the morning best.

#3216632 - 10/29/19 05:33 PM Re: Dusk or Dawn [Re: Nciyotehunter]
K-22hornet. Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Colorado
I used to get out and be in place before first light, and then noticed I did not get as many coyotes as I did later in the day, say after the sun was up.

I concluded that a coyotes night vision is far superior to mine, and many times, while I was walking to a stand in the dark, they were watching me walk in and sit down. No way they are coming to my call.

For the past 20 years or so, I get out there about 8-8:30am, and I do well. My theory is that by mid-morning, they have found a place to nap for the day and that makes it easier for me to cover ground without being seen. Then my call is like a 'come to breakfast' invitation.

I seem to call as many during mid-day as I do late afternoon.

#3216637 - 10/29/19 06:13 PM Re: Dusk or Dawn [Re: 257 W]
SlickerThanSnot Online
PM senior

Loc: stuck in a fence
Originally Posted By: 257 W
I live in a rural area and when someone tells me they saw a coyote I always ask where and what time. 90% of the responses are between 8am and noon and right at dark. I hunt whenever I can. but like the morning best.

late risers. lol.. just think how many coyotes those same people would see if they were out there from daylight to 8am.

#3216650 - 10/29/19 09:06 PM Re: Dusk or Dawn [Re: Nciyotehunter]
Jim Byers Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Montana
First light.... But maybe cause I usually start off with one of best locations as well..

#3216662 - 10/30/19 12:05 AM Re: Dusk or Dawn [Re: Nciyotehunter]
DesertRam Online

Loc: Las Cruces, NM USA
I like to call at first light when possible, but my unwritten internal Murphy's Law is that I pretty much always screw up the first stand. smile So, I usually don't call the first coyote in until after the sun is up on the second or third stand. But I still try 'cuz there can be no good second stand without that first crappy one. grin

#3216693 - 10/30/19 09:35 AM Re: Dusk or Dawn [Re: Nciyotehunter]
AWS Online
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: NM
Most of the coyotes I see while traveling are near first light, but I do see them in fields all day, just not as often.

Hunting, I don't hunt until I can see the ground to walk in silently and see a coyote coming. As far as when is the best time to hunt I have no preferences. During duck season I'll hunt ducks in the morning and coyotes in the early afternoon. I rarely hunt evenings as I like to get fur put up and birds cleaned in day light as it is much easier than trying to do it with a coleman lantern.

Things might change as this will be the first season in 30 yrs that I will hunt from home and haven't had a fur shed for 10 yrs(I put up everything in camp)

Make mine a Minaska.

Heaven has rules and walls, He-l has open borders

#3216723 - 10/30/19 02:36 PM Re: Dusk or Dawn [Re: Nciyotehunter]
Seebass Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: CA
If I had to choose one time to make a stand it would be 30 minutes before sunrise.

Although I feel like I've called in more coyotes around 10am I would still rather be on stand before sunrise.
FOXPRO Shockwave, BogPod, SpeedyYote Kickstand Vest

#3216936 - 11/01/19 08:12 AM Re: Dusk or Dawn [Re: Nciyotehunter]
Coyote-conquest Offline

Loc: Kentucky, US
It seems I always have the best luck between 8:00 and 10:30 am. I go more in the evenings due to work and family but still have better luck in the mornings. I've always thought maybe they were on their way to bed down and wanted an easy snack.

#3217622 - 11/08/19 06:04 PM Re: Dusk or Dawn [Re: Nciyotehunter]
ttedb3 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Nebraska
First light for me too.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  220_Swift, Infidel 762, Redfrog 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.