Coyote Hunting Action

Kirsch

Here is some recent footage of both the Wraith with some daytime coyote action and my Flir PTS536 on a last-light stand.

I have to say I enjoyed watching that but dang I waited a long time waiting for the last coyote to be kilt. Your in no hurry are you bud. Bet you rarely miss. Grizz

Originally Posted By: GRIZZLYONEI have to say I enjoyed watching that but dang I waited a long time waiting for the last coyote to be kilt. Your in no hurry are you bud. Bet you rarely miss. Grizz Everybody misses if they hunt enough. Although not a miss, the shot placement on the 2nd coyote was too far back, and I had to hit it a 2nd time.

As for the last coyote, I had to wait for the coyote to clear the cattle. If you watch, you will see me scan above the coyote on a few occasions to see if the cattle were still beyond the coyote. I realize 99% chance the coyote is either hit or the HP bullet hits the hillside and fragments, but it wasn't worth the risk. The ranchers give me permission to hunt near their herds and if something ever happened, I would lose lots of ranches and would have a hard time forgiving myself.

Any hunter that doesn’t miss is lying!!

Nice to see you care about your ranchers and their livestock, I am the same way!

1 injured or killed cattle, horse or Calf will cost you your reputation and a lot of ranches.

Nice work!!!

The Wraith captures good daytime video. The build quality of scope seems to be very good. The base is the weakest link in my opinion. You want to make sure to tighten it securely and watch so it doesn't work loose. They make a QD mount for it. I have one but haven't put it on yet.

Most people will buy it for the day/night ability but I use thermal, so I don't need it for night hunting. However, I have done some basic testing and it is an OK option for an entry level digital night vision scope. Lots of digital scopes have the occasional lock ups, freeze, etc where they have to be rebooted especially with V1 products. I have used the Wraith hard for a few months and so far, no odd issues. It has been rock solid.

Back