Pulsar thermal warranty starts over with replacement unit

varminter .223

I spoke with the tech department at sellmark a little bit ago regarding the xp50 POI shift issue and scope replacement. The lady said if you receive a new unit the 3 year warranty starts over with that unit. I told her I thought that wasn't the case she said they actually clarified that the other day. I'm feeling a lot better now about my investment lol

Last edited:
Wow thats good to know.
thumbup1.gif

Hey Varminter, that’s great. I am glad to hear that. Can make a guy rest easier. Is that a new policy or one that has been in effect for a while.

Well you know how everything you see on the internet has to be true but I was having a hard time getting my old feeble brain to believe that so I just called Sellmark and spoke to Jennifer in tech support and she verified it!!! So that means I have a 5 1//2 year warranty on the scope I just sent back and have been using as a scanner for 2 1/2 years!!! I've wrestled with several issues with Pulsar but if they stand by that that's exemplary customer service for sure.

Last edited:
Sad to say but the Facebook thermal and NV pages are rife with people complaining about poi shift and zeroing problems. Hope Pulsar stays in the thermal business and these great sounding warranties are backed up. It's a Lithuanian manufactured product. Glad I also have some Trijicon made in the USA units.

Pretty good. Have not seen a single post concerning poi shift issues. There are the usual wifi questions and the battery setup is inferior to the Trail in my opinion. Videos look great. Bunch of people got their panties in a wad till the sound got turned on. I sure would like to take a N-vision Halo 50 out for a test ride.

I need an honest opinion guys. I'm close to pulling the trigger on an XP50. Am I going to regret it with regard to the POI shift issue?

Originally Posted By: cmateraI need an honest opinion guys. I'm close to pulling the trigger on an XP50. Am I going to regret it with regard to the POI shift issue?

See my new post... I'm quite disappointed right now.

Initially I believed my unit had been corrected then after last hunting season when I went back to the bench (March/April 2019)I realized that despite making kills, my zero still shifts. A complete no-go for shots at distance.

It seems newer units don't have the problem.

I'm asking for a new replacement or full refund. Anything less will be unacceptable given the fact my unit went back to Pulsar Feb 2018 and they acknowledged the problem.

How Pulsar helps me with this will determine whether or not I can support their product(s).

A little background. I actually had a Pulsar Trail XP38. Never got to hunt with it because I got wigged out over the POI shift issue and sold it before the season. Part of my concern with these units is resale value. OK they seem to take care of the original purchaser, but what about subsequent owners, but still within the warranty period? I have seen several good deals on like new (used) units, like an XP50 for $4,000, but hesitate to buy not knowing if the mfgr. will honor the warranty. I'd rather spend $500 more and be covered. If I buy one new, I will be in the same bad position. If I want to sell it, others will feel the same way. It seems like whether or not the warranty covers buyers of used units is purely subjective, they may cover it and they may not. Things should not be this way on items that cost 5-10K.

Originally Posted By: cmatera A little background. I actually had a Pulsar Trail XP38. Never got to hunt with it because I got wigged out over the POI shift issue and sold it before the season. Part of my concern with these units is resale value. OK they seem to take care of the original purchaser, but what about subsequent owners, but still within the warranty period? I have seen several good deals on like new (used) units, like an XP50 for $4,000, but hesitate to buy not knowing if the mfgr. will honor the warranty. I'd rather spend $500 more and be covered. If I buy one new, I will be in the same bad position. If I want to sell it, others will feel the same way. It seems like whether or not the warranty covers buyers of used units is purely subjective, they may cover it and they may not. Things should not be this way on items that cost 5-10K.

Agree.

Unless there is a definitive claim by Pulsar that units produced after a certain date are issue free, I'd not buy a used one unless it was a KILLER deal... could always be used as a scanner or dedicated close range unit.

Back