Bushing size for 7mm Mag?

Scalloper

I have did a search but I thought I would confirm. So, I have a 7mm Mag with a custom barrel. I have been reloading for many years but mostly using RCBS dies. I am considering getting a Redding S type die. My fired win brass measures .315 outside diameter on all 5 I measured. The inside measures .2845, .286, .285 I am shooting Berger VLD Hunting that measure .283"
First question, can I assume my chamber is .315"?
So I measured my loaded rounds at .308 ,.310 ,.308 ,.3095
Case thickness of .0145 ,.013 ,.013 ,.013
Again Berger bullet dia of .283
So if my calcuations are correct and I want .002th neck tension i need a .305 / .306 / .307?

Best bet is to seat a few bullets and measure the outside diameter. You will most likely come up with similar results, then buy/borrow 2- bushings and do some loading and range work. Remember, if you change brass/turn necks, you will have to change your bushing. This is what has worked for me, so YMMV.

Originally Posted By: BoomstickBest bet is to seat a few bullets and measure the outside diameter. You will most likely come up with similar results, then buy/borrow 2- bushings and do some loading and range work. Remember, if you change brass/turn necks, you will have to change your bushing. This is what has worked for me, so YMMV.

Loaded rounds measure .308-.3095

Originally Posted By: GLShooterI'd buy a 306 and a 305 if it were my choice.

Greg
Thank you all ordered
thumbup1.gif

Back