22 tcm

crapshoot

I did a search but came up with nothing. What are y'alls thoughts on this for a short range calling rifle? Looks like it would make a great little gun especially if you cropped the barrel to 16-18" and threw a can on it.

I know, it's nothing that different than what's out already. But brass could be made cheaply from 223 brass and reloading cost would be minimal. Should fit in there around the 22 hornet- 221 fireball area? Just looks like a fun little round.

I've only been around one, a buddy took his on our sage rat shoot a few years back. It was not accurate enough for that task and he gave up, but I don't know if it was the rifle or the ammo.

I'd take a 22 Hornet any day over that round,the Hornet is a time tested and proven round.I've taken more game with in than any round besides a 22 get a CZ 527 american and you'll be happy. By short range ,i mean the Hornet in the right hands can be stretched out to 200 yds. Good luck.Accuracy is phenomenal.

Already been down the hornet road. Not looking to go back there any time soon.
Since since the 22 tcm is basically the same size as a 9mm, there was a guy in northern nevada who made integrally supressed semi-auto rifles chambered in 22 tcm from Camp 9 rifles.
I was thinking maybe a suppressed AR pistol upper

A few years ago There was a TCM at the local gun shop. I believe it was a Charles Daly. Nice looking rifle and I thought the same as you, it would be a fun rifle to have and shoot. After a few pages of negative reviews I changed my mind and passed on the rifle. Most reviews were related to accuracy or lack of it.

Almost went with a rock island bolt 22tcm but seen so many negative review ( bad accuracy) that I steered away from it and went with a cz 527 American 22 hornet. Couldn’t be happier! Hornady 45 grain soft points will do (1/2) inch groups if I do my part.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogA few years ago There was a TCM at the local gun shop. I believe it was a Charles Daly. Nice looking rifle and I thought the same as you, it would be a fun rifle to have and shoot. After a few pages of negative reviews I changed my mind and passed on the rifle. Most reviews were related to accuracy or lack of it.

The one I saw may have been a RI as well. To long ago to remember for sure.

From what im seeing, the AR idea has merit but hasn't been perfected. Lots of people trying 30 carbine mags and several other options. Im not looking to be a test dummy so i guess scap that idea.
The camp 9/pcc has possibilites but the expense of buying a complete gun plus a new barrel isn't really appealing either.

Not interested in a pistola either.
Oh well, scrap that idea.

And all this pondering caused simply by finding an empty case on the ground at the range and thought, wow! That looks interesting.

Back