Which AR stock with the lowest and thinnest comb

Lodgepole

I'm still struggling with quick target acquisition .I really hate to raise my scope any higher than what my cantilever mount is now .

Thanks for the tip AR . Do you use that type ?I really have to work to get down on the stock to see well .I am going to try a different scope too .

I've used Ace skeleton stocks, you won't get much better of a cheek weld if you're already running an M4 or even a standard A2 style stock. The only thing the Ace will give you is a little foam padding, the streamline and angle of the upper portion of the stock is the due to the buffer tube and it's assembly. IF you take off the foam pad (tube) you may get closer, I would look into a different mount. Or even use higher rings, I'm not seeing how swapping out your optic will help either, your going to have a similar eye relief unless you go higher with the mount.

Sometimes on AR platforms you just have to do it.

Skinney ,you know what I am being troubled with ,I can tell by your reply thanks.Maybe I am stuck with bolt guns ! I had a riser under the cantilever mount before and shot like crap ! I think mostly from canting ,Also the big difference in POI between 30 to 100 yds .Some times I shoot ruff grouse with whatever I am carrying .thanks skinney

Originally Posted By: LodgepoleThanks for the tip AR . Do you use that type ?I really have to work to get down on the stock to see well .I am going to try a different scope too .

Yes, I have them on nearly all my lowers, they are by far my favorite and that foam is nice on the cheek in the winter compared to cold plastic.

Which mount are you using? Some are higher than others, and some extend forward more than others, which also helps sometimes.

I have an Ace that was to low, but all in did was camo tape 6mm of foam around the tuba and was good to go.I'm heading to Augusta in about two weeks. If your close i could bring that lower along.

Back